Some new shots of some of my zoas/palys

debbie

Wow you have quite the collection of zoas, very nice!
Say since you have so many of them, watermelons zoas, do you think they are something that one should have??
Are they for the most part really colorful??

speg

Do you find that the zoas grow at different rates depending on their color? I find that some don't grow much whereas others go nuts... it seems to relate to the color.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3257647
Do you find that the zoas grow at different rates depending on their color? I find that some don't grow much whereas others go nuts... it seems to relate to the color.
I do find that growth rate varies by type/species of zoa, but not by color. Key is to find their happy spot within your tank.
Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish

http:///forum/post/3257738
im jealous

Thanks

handbanana

Holy crap!!!
Amazing. I can only guess that an overall pic of your tank would cause my retnas to pop and my brain to fuse.
I really really like Zoas now. I had no idea.....

Can I use one for my desktop?

scopus tang

Jesus I hate this new forum - attempt #3 to respond.
LOL, I don't know about that, but there is defintely some nice eye candy frags scattered throughout it right now. Glad you're enjoying the thread.
Feel free to borrow one if you like, just don't go using it in a sale thread anywhere ;)

handbanana

/ OMG!

Thanks Scopus! Im useing these on my laptop desktop. Amazing pics.
How come some have Knarled little fingers and some are all lined up and smooth?

handbanana

Are all these in the same tank, cuz if so...wow. thats a helluva tank!
Skirts. I'm learning. :) I noticed some of my Zoas on one rock are orange with a neon green rectangle in the center, while on the same rock there are bright blue with a green center. are these two different types or breeds do you think? (Sorry but you DO seem to be quiet experienced with ZOAS) Also on another rock about 5 inches lower in the tank are some very pale orange of the same sort I believe, but they are very dull in color. should I move them next to the other? do they need some sort of Nutrients? I have a free unopened bottle of marine snow I have no idea what to do with... will this stuff be good for them? Anything you can share will be greatly greatly appreciated.

handbanana

Very nice Spanko.
I cant believe how many different types there are. Are these all natural or has something genetic been done to alter the colors?
Like how they make FW glow fish by injecting Danos with a florescent dye?