Some pics of my reef - comment/criticisms wanted

reefkprz

looks too nice Tear it down and start over this time do it wrong.....

kidding looks great.
bout the only thing I would say is out of place would be the hair algae, your tank may benifit from a yellow/scopas/purple tang or an algae blenny. (depending whats in there now).
Just noticed the yellow tang. one thing I did when I had bad hair algae is add a yellow tang (I had the blenny already) once one sees the other one eating the hair algae its instant competition they devour it at three times the rate. just out of sheer jealousy (they dont want the other guy to have any)

paulcoates

I have a yellow tang in there now. I think he is in the first pic. My LFS is going to let me borrow a Sea Hare from him to clear the little bit out. I don't really have enough to support one full time.
My fish load is:
2 Clowns
1 Yellow Tang
1 Hippo Tang
1 Longnose Hawkfish
1 Pseudochromis
1 Yellow Tail Damsel
1 Coral Banded Shrimp

puffer32

Hey paul, is that the same tank you had in West Chester ? Are you homesick for Pa? I am still adjusting to TX. I upgraded from my 75 to a 150 after my move Anyhow, your tank looks great!

paulcoates

Originally Posted by puffer32
Hey paul, is that the same tank you had in West Chester ? Are you homesick for Pa? I am still adjusting to TX. I upgraded from my 75 to a 150 after my move Anyhow, your tank looks great!
Definetely, I am. However I will say I have found a great fish store here. Only saltwater. And the guys are great. All in all though, I would probably sacrifice being in Richmond if I could simply be back in West Chester.
Tough move for me, especially since my tank is on the 3rd floor of my house with little hopes of upgrading for fear of tank/water weight.
Hopefully everything is going good for you there

puffer32

Homesick for home as well, miss "That fish place" and Mike from the frazer zoo
But adjusting well, I am lucky to have been able to upgrade my tank, only thing that made the move ok, sure is hot in TX
But we love the winters, don't miss the Pa snow storms at all. People are friendlier here also. Hubby went to the eagles/cowboys game on christmas day dressed in eagle clothes and no one harrassed him, imagine that happening in philly :scared: I know I wouldn't want to lug a tank up to the 3rd floor, course you are younger then me
Good luck

paulcoates

But we love the winters, don't miss the Pa snow storms at all.
I love snow storms. The bigger, the better

me too. My new store gets more stuff than Mike did, but I've never seen a store with as big of a selection as TPP

daninct

But adjusting well, I am lucky to have been able to upgrade my tank, only thing that made the move ok, sure is hot in TX
But we love the winters, don't miss the Pa snow storms at all. People are friendlier here also. Hubby went to the eagles/cowboys game on christmas day dressed in eagle clothes and no one harrassed him, imagine that happening in philly :scared: I know I wouldn't want to lug a tank up to the 3rd floor, course you are younger then me
Good luck

Know what you mean about philly. I Did cowboys vs skins in Dallas and I had on my Giants jersey and hat. No one took a shot at me. Nice folks in Texas.

ugluk

Good luck

LOL I live in King of Prussia and was going to go to the Frazer zoo on Saturday to check it out. Any other good places in the area you could lead me too? I got season tix, cant imagine a guy coming into our stadium with a dallass jersey and not hearing anything.

bschaible

Hubby went to the eagles/cowboys game on christmas day dressed in eagle clothes and no one harrassed him, imagine that happening in philly
Puffer, I too am an Eagles fan here in Texas and I too went to the game on Xmas day. I've been going to that horrible place known as Texas Stadium for the last 5 years to see the birds place. I was also decked out in all eagles gear along with three other friends and didnt get heckled for the first time!! The other years have been different though...get a couple drinks in those guys and they won't leave you alone!! Just thought I'd share!!
NFC East champs once again!!