some thursday night pics 180

N

nereef

always a treat murph. what am i looking at in the 6th picture?

N

nemo_66

i love 180's. i cant wait till i get mine in two or three years, whenever i am old enough to get a job. and i always wanted a TL, specially the sporty one like yours.

isistius

HEY MURPH-
in your 1st pic, on the right side, is that an anemone? if it is do you have any problems with it and any sps near it?

kynekke

That is one of the prettiest tanks I've seen! Amazing.. I do have one question. You have SOOOO many corals and a lot of them are right by each other. How do you keep them from stinging each other?

isistius

Originally Posted by Kynekke
That is one of the prettiest tanks I've seen! Amazing.. I do have one question. You have SOOOO many corals and a lot of them are right by each other. How do you keep them from stinging each other?
think about a real reef. corals don't position themselves so they don't touch one another. its a constant and never ending battle for space.

murph145

thanks everyone
bullitr... thanks and the car is fun... u got a vette? my mom just bought an 07 a few months back they are very fun cars
thanks goingpoor

nemo-66 180s are a nice sized tank they give enough room to do some nicer layouts...
isistiius... the anemone is a RBTA he hasnt ever moved but he has gotten bigger kinda touches a few sps but nothing major happens a lil death on that area but no overall death
kynekke... i just put them in there and let them grow out to there liking some have battled but most will end up growing around each other like they sence the other one is there... and ive scene some battle and call truces leaving a little dead area in between each other as a border
thanks emm0909!

isistius

Originally Posted by warlock_king
very nice tank! I see quite a few things I could use a frag of lol
AMEN TO THAT!

saltn00b

wow murph your tank has come such a long way, looks so good. especially now that you got rid of that frag egg crate rack lol

groupergenius

Murph is the house next door up for sale..

What do have for a sump? Are you using a refugium, berlin, wet-dry with bio-balls, etc. I am starting a 90 SPS tank and a 75 softies tank soon. Your SPS and clams are extremely happy and growing and I would like to cheat off your success.

bullitr

bullitr... thanks and the car is fun... u got a vette? my mom just bought an 07 a few months back they are very fun cars
i have a 07 vette too . i just finished had my midlife crisis at 29 y/o

question do you have a hard time setting up your cal reactor, do i need to get a kalk reactor too? thanks