somebodies got their eye on me...

gregvabch

could it just be a coincidence that the past 4 times we've had a "random" urinalysis at work i've been on the list, or have i been flagged for my recent purchases under the assumption that i'm running a hydroponics lab? (water pumps, metal halides, etc.) or am i just being paranoid??? :D for the record, i'm clean, well, cept for some booze....but last time i checked it wasn't a crime to nip on the ol' bottle every now and again :D

broncofish

where do you work? I was under the impression that random uri tests were deemed un constitutional except in certain cirumstances.

T

tizzo

Hey, my LFS guy got detained by the police until they could positively ID his protien skimmer, because they thought it was a bong!!!

gregvabch

to an extent they are, but i'm in the navy. really the only thing it comes down to in the military is funding; they are allowed to do so many per fiscal year of both random tests and command sweeps, (everybody), and where i'm at they max it out. i'm on shore duty now, and where i'm stationed is primarily composed of sailors who are also on shore duty. so they do it very often due to all that free time everybody has here, working only 8 hours a day 5 days a week. when i was on sea duty, (different command), we probably had one twice a year, unless there was reason for suspicion. the funny thing is, as many as they do around here, people still pop every time. usually it's the younger guys though.

blueberryboomer

Before my hubbys injuries, he drove truck. He was always one to popped when they did the drug tests. He too is clean, we finally came to the conclutionsp) that the bosses new he was clean and that others we're not, they didn't want to pay for drivers to go to rehab or look for new employees. I know most companies would rather have these people off their hands, but this company wanted to keep them, they would do what ever the bosses wanted.
If your clean, then I wouldn't worry about it, take it in stride, and just be glad you don't have to worry about it. Lisa

lovethesea

My husbands company does random (even for management/white collar) on average twice a year. Hair test.
Hair can go back years, but they only go back 3 months.
Usually when a person gets back from vacation there is an email waiting with info to show up for a test.

michael7979

I too work at a place that does randoms. We too get popped when we come back from a vacation, they can do 3% of the work force every month and its all legal because of a loop-hole that allows company rules to out weigh state law in union work shops. I'm clean but the invasion and mistrust sucks!!

broncofish

Originally posted by michael7979
I'm clean but the invasion and mistrust sucks!!

not to mention the aclu has argued, and got random testing struck down in most states, except for certain jobs, truckers, pilots, certain health care professions etc....Military is out of luck because they fall under the UCMJ, and not the constitution.

belothsurf

When I was in the good ole Navy, we only had random wee-wee testing every 3 or 4 months, and it was based on the last number of your ***. I think I went 3 years without being tested.........wheeeeeew! :D
But the few times I remember getting tested,.... not a pleasant memory. I was already nervous enough ( not that I purposely did any drugs, but there always seemed to be that party 2 weeks ago that I just couldn't seem to recollect about 3 or 4 hours of....and what if....:notsure: ) What made me more nervous, was that 1st Class petty Officer watching John Henry spit into a cup..:nervous: . I asked one once "do you have to stare?" His response was to flush the commode he was standing in front of. I didn't figure that out till later. Anyway, that's what I didn't like about those drug tests. Don't even ask about the physicals we had to endure...........

gregvabch

the majority of the observers at my command are 2nd's, and believe me, they don't want to watch any more than you want them watching, most guys stand behind you. the ucmj is a beautiful thing, let me tell ya. uninalysis is a very debateable process, with a lot of variables and mistakes, but i can confess that the system the navy uses is one of the best. it's been rumored that some sailors actually get orders to participate in drug use monitoring programs, which are used to enhance the accuracy of the testing. i think i could handle doing that for a year or two :D there's been a couple times where i've come back off of holiday leave and sure enough they're testing. i can vouch for their ability to distinguish between second hand smoke and inhaling, since my buddies back home all have glaucoma, every last one of them :D maybe that's why they're always testing me, cause i've been right at the limit a few times.... :thinking:

nm reef

I've maintained a class A CDL liscense for a long time and I'm subject to random testing....my personal feeling is this:
When they random me to insure safe operation of heavy vheciles then I should have the legal option to pick a lawyer...a politician...a doctor....a teacher...a law enforcement official...and each of my selections should join me in the process. If they had to fill the cup each time I had to fill the cup...well I believe there would be less random testing.:thinking:

broncofish

Originally posted by NM reef
I've maintained a class A CDL liscense for a long time and I'm subject to random testing....my personal feeling is this:
When they random me to insure safe operation of heavy vheciles then I should have the legal option to pick a lawyer...a politician...a doctor....a teacher...a law enforcement official...and each of my selections should join me in the process. If they had to fill the cup each time I had to fill the cup...well I believe there would be less random testing.:thinking:

Doctors are subject to random testing in some states, and law enforcement definately is. As far as the teacher, politician and lawyer, who are they going to hurt if they have the occasional toke at night. I am pretty sure a lot of the truck drivers are being tested for crank, CM etc...

nm reef

Personally I don't see a problem with anybody indulging in a toke now and then...my point is if the government says I have to fill the cup then I should be able to select a cross section of professionals to join me. Besides I have a gut feeling that if they had to submit to randoms each time I did then I'd have to submit less often......:D

belothsurf

I agree with you NM.....it shouldn't be per job. And MJ should be legal. It amazes me how marijuana is still considered such a bad drug, and illegal, yet alcohol kills thousands every year and costs our economy millions and millions of dollars. Alcohol is a much more powerful drug, is physically addictive, and impairs people to the point they can't talk, walk, drive, or tiiiiiipppee correctly. Marijuana, on the other hand, does none of these things to the degree alcohol does. Granted, you talk a little slower, walk a little slower, and definitely drive more carefully. Sure, you may be doing 25 in a 55mph zone, but your focused on your driving. The main distraction is trying to eat all the Skittles, potato chips and drinking all the Sprite while you are driving. But you are only doing 25 mph. Not that I ever smoked it, but I used to have acute glaucoma episodes, especially on Fri and Sat nights, when I was in High School.......it was medicanal!!!!......What???? I turned out ok.......:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :sleepy: :sleepy:
:hilarious :hilarious

gregvabch

the government won't legalize it because they won't make as much money off of it as they do tobacco and alcohol. if they legalized marijane a lot of folks would just grow enough to sustain themselves.

T

tizzo

I especially love when a professional sport player gets caught, and his penalty is that he can't play, If I got caught, my penalty would be jail. (for the record I don't use it, I was using myself as an example)

T

tizzo

Originally posted by gregvabch
the government won't legalize it because they won't make as much money off of it as they do tobacco and alcohol. if they legalized marijane a lot of folks would just grow enough to sustain themselves.

And you know what, you're right... I think statistically alchohol kills, and injures more people then pot ever would!! I am a nonpot smoker who actually believes that it should be legalized... And that gateway argument is a load of bull!! Either you're gonna do it or you aren't, I don't think the law has much say so... No, no, I can't inhale cause the cops might come knockin'... Yeah right!!!

broncofish

Well the Bush admin(along with clintonbush sr, reagan) in their never ending war on drugs, that has continued on in a losing battle since the carter admin is about to make it legal for medical use nation wide. They tried to make it illegal even for medical us in cali by putting federal restraints on it, got sued and Shrub and his buddies lost. Well they appealed ( http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ical_marijuana ) and the supreme court is going to hear it this winter. My understanding is that if Bush loses, that means everystate can legalise medical MJ and the feds can't say crap about. That to me sounds like the first step. After that they need to make money off it if it is legal. One good way to do that would be to sell tax stamps. That way if you grow your own and smoke it you will have to be able to prove that you have rightfuly paid some sort of a consumption tax etc....