Somehow I am Still Alive even if my Heart is trying to KILL ME

ironeagle2006

Here is a quick Version of what has happened to me in the last week. Last Friday went to see my GP doc with some stomach pain he called his Buddy that is a Gastro doc and he said lets scope his stomach as maybe his Ulcer is acting up. I have had one of those since 2003. Well I get scoped they find a little more acid eaten area aka not enough Prilosec and that is about that. Well as I am in Recovery waiting to get out of there my Heart spiked to 180+ beats and would not calm down at all. So they admitted me overnight for Observation and they ran an EKG and found that I was in Atrial Fibulation BIG TIME. Next thing I know Before I was even in bed I am being transferred to ICU where I sit still to this day. They have tried 4 differant heart meds on me. Then Yesterday they tried to CardioVert me aka check my heart for clots they did not find any and then Get the Paddles and Scream CLEAR. Got hit 3X's for that and still NOTHING. The Next steps are either going to be an Abaltion of the control nerves or a Pacemaker.

meowzer

YIKES.......Sorry to hear all this....BUT I will be praying that they get a hand on this...and fix it

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/393505/somehow-i-am-still-alive-even-if-my-heart-is-trying-to-kill-me#post_3501225
Here is a quick Version of what has happened to me in the last week. Last Friday went to see my GP doc with some stomach pain he called his Buddy that is a Gastro doc and he said lets scope his stomach as maybe his Ulcer is acting up. I have had one of those since 2003. Well I get scoped they find a little more acid eaten area aka not enough Prilosec and that is about that. Well as I am in Recovery waiting to get out of there my Heart spiked to 180+ beats and would not calm down at all. So they admitted me overnight for Observation and they ran an EKG and found that I was in Atrial Fibulation BIG TIME. Next thing I know Before I was even in bed I am being transferred to ICU where I sit still to this day. They have tried 4 differant heart meds on me. Then Yesterday they tried to CardioVert me aka check my heart for clots they did not find any and then Get the Paddles and Scream CLEAR. Got hit 3X's for that and still NOTHING. The Next steps are either going to be an Abaltion of the control nerves or a Pacemaker.
Oh my!.... I will be saying a little prayer as well.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see you are back home, Iron. Are you on meds to control the arrhythmia?

flower

IronEagle...you have to post again...I'm getting worried. I keep checking back to see how you are doing and I don't see any updates.

ironeagle2006

Sorry been busy with Follow Ups with my Doctors like you would NOT believe aka they are still going WTH caused me to go into this. They are still shaking their Heads as they have Never seen anything like this in their CAREERS and some of my Docs are the guys that Founded the Pairie Cardiac Instutute in IL and they are Stumped. They did a Chemical Stress on me I Passed that with Flying Colors did everything they asked and Passed. Only thing they can think might have done this was a Antiseizure med that I was forced to stop taking quickly that has a Known history of causing Heart Issues that should Work its way out.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/393505/somehow-i-am-still-alive-even-if-my-heart-is-trying-to-kill-me#post_3501762
Sorry been busy with Follow Ups with my Doctors like you would NOT believe aka they are still going WTH caused me to go into this. They are still shaking their Heads as they have Never seen anything like this in their CAREERS and some of my Docs are the guys that Founded the Pairie Cardiac Instutute in IL and they are Stumped. They did a Chemical Stress on me I Passed that with Flying Colors did everything they asked and Passed. Only thing they can think might have done this was a Antiseizure med that I was forced to stop taking quickly that has a Known history of causing Heart Issues that should Work its way out.
Don't you just love being the first one on the books?
When I had my heart attack, there was no known reason for it and I too was on the books as a mystery. I was transferred to a teaching hospital, and every morning a Doctor with 10 to 15 students would come to my room to ask the same questions and being a woman this bothered me...every student would lift my breast and listen to my heart. 3 months I stayed in the hospital for all of that. At least now a days they don't keep you in the hospital to study like they did me.
Oh, and it turns out the medicine I was given to stop the hemorrhaging after my son was born is what caused my heart attack, they had a rash of young healthy women also suffer the same condition and that was the common thing, we all had taken that same medication....but that was the dicided on cause 10 years after my incident. I at least lived through my massive heart attack.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/393505/somehow-i-am-still-alive-even-if-my-heart-is-trying-to-kill-me#post_3501767
Don't you just love being the first one on the books?
When I had my heart attack, there was no known reason for it and I too was on the books as a mystery. I was transferred to a teaching hospital, and every morning a Doctor with 10 to 15 students would come to my room to ask the same questions and being a woman this bothered me...every student would lift my breast and listen to my heart. 3 months I stayed in the hospital for all of that. At least now a days they don't keep you in the hospital to study like they did me.
Oh, and it turns out the medicine I was given to stop the hemorrhaging after my son was born is what caused my heart attack, they had a rash of young healthy women also suffer the same condition and that was the common thing, we all had taken that same medication....but that was the dicided on cause 10 years after my incident. I at least lived through my massive heart attack.
About 1991 my dad was at the VA in Salt Lake City. He ran into one the docs that originally treated him in Long Beach California and gave him 18 to 36 months to live. That was in 1975 or so. The doc couldn't believe he was still around and wanted to get together with one of the other docs that deal with him back in California. Being a family friendly forum I can't write what my dad told the guy LOL! They tried everything short of hog trying and dragging him into a lab to do a work up on him. They couldn't believe he was still alive.