Somehow I think Shania got the best part of that deal! lol

stdreb27

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/12/20/shania-twain-engaged-husband-woman-broke-marriage-report-says/?test=faces
Country singer Shania Twain is engaged to Swiss businessman Frederic Thiebaud, People magazine reported Monday.
The Canadian native was left heartbroken in May 2008 when her husband of 14 years, Robert "Mutt" Lange, ran off with Thiebaud's wife.
The "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" singer found solace in Thiebaud's arms and the couple confirmed their romance in August 2009. Thiebaud presented Twain with a three carat diamond solitaire engagement ring "a couple months" ago, a source told the celebrity magazine.
"We leaned on one another through the ups and downs, taking turns holding each other up. We've become stronger and closer through it all," Twain wrote of Thiebaud, 40, on her website in 2009.
The Grammy Award-winning singer, 45, has a nine-year-old son with her former husband. Her fiance -- an executive at Nestle -- has a 10-year-old daughter from his previous marriage.

meowzer

HOLY COW.....after looking at some pictures...of MUTT (name fits perfectly) and this Marie
Shania and Fred DEFINITELY both got the better ends of this deal LOL

bionicarm

I remember reading about the divorce. My question is, what was dog-faced Mutt thinking! He actually found someone better than Shania Twain? He surely didn't divorce her because of looks or money issues. He may have been the record producer behind Def Leppard, but the cash Shania brought in her first two years on the country scene had to surpass those royalties.

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/382582/somehow-i-think-shania-got-the-best-part-of-that-deal-lol#post_3339966
I remember reading about the divorce. My question is, what was dog-faced Mutt thinking! He actually found someone better than Shania Twain? He surely didn't divorce her because of looks or money issues. He may have been the record producer behind Def Leppard, but the cash Shania brought in her first two years on the country scene had to surpass those royalties.
yea he did the remix of high n dry, pyromania, hystaria, and the next album, but he also did other works as well. He wasnt just the leppards producer. And no, twain made lots of money her first 2 years, but it pales in comparison to what the leppards made.
And yes, now that leppard doesnt use Mutt, their music has fallen into the realm of irrelevance.

J

jstdv8

Who the hell would cheat on a hottie like Shania?
Wasn't she voted hottest person alive like 10 years ago. Goodness gracious what do he want?

reefraff

Lange probably made more from Back in Black, Highway to Hell and For those about to Rock than he did with Leopard.

bionicarm

Guess she lost her looks with the baby fat after having the kid.

He did produce a heck of a lot of awesome albums:
AC/DC - Highway to Hell - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 7 million units shipped in the United States meaning 7 times platinum according to the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America)
AC/DC - Back in Black - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 22 million shipped - Diamond award from RIAA for 22 times platinum
AC/DC - For Those About To Rock - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 4 million shipped - 4 times platinum
Foreigner - 4 - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 6 million shipped - 6 times platinum
Def Leppard - Pyromania - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 10 million shipped - 10 million diamond certification
The Cars - Heartbeat City - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 5 million shipped - 5 times platinum
Def Leppard - Hysteria - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 12 million shipped - 12 million diamond certification
Shania Twain - The Woman In Me - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 12 million shipped - 12 million diamond certification
Shania Twain - Come On Over - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 20 million shipped - 20 million diamond certification
Shania Twain - Up! - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 5.5 million shipped - 11 million diamond certification as a double album
Shania Twain - Greatest Hits - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 4 million shipped - 4 times platinum
Nickelback - Dark Horse - (Mutt Lange, co-music producer) - 3.2 million shipped - 3 times platinum RIAA certification

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/382582/somehow-i-think-shania-got-the-best-part-of-that-deal-lol#post_3340091

AC/DC - Highway to Hell - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 7 million units shipped in the United States meaning 7 times platinum according to the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America)
AC/DC - Back in Black - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 22 million shipped - Diamond award from RIAA for 22 times platinum
AC/DC - For Those About To Rock - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 4 million shipped - 4 times platinum
Foreigner - 4 - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 6 million shipped - 6 times platinum
Def Leppard - Pyromania - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 10 million shipped - 10 million diamond certification
The Cars - Heartbeat City - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 5 million shipped - 5 times platinum
Def Leppard - Hysteria - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 12 million shipped - 12 million diamond certification
Shania Twain - The Woman In Me - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 12 million shipped - 12 million diamond certification
Shania Twain - Come On Over - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 20 million shipped - 20 million diamond certification
Shania Twain - Up! - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 5.5 million shipped - 11 million diamond certification as a double album
Shania Twain - Greatest Hits - (Mutt Lange, music producer) - 4 million shipped - 4 times platinum
Nickelback - Dark Horse - (Mutt Lange, co-music producer) - 3.2 million shipped - 3 times platinum RIAA certification
wow, I had no idea Shania Twain sold that many records...

ironeagle2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///forum/thread/382582/somehow-i-think-shania-got-the-best-part-of-that-deal-lol#post_3340204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8
http:///forum/thread/382582/somehow-i-think-shania-got-the-best-part-of-that-deal-lol#post_3340046
Who the hell would cheat on a hottie like Shania?
Wasn't she voted hottest person alive like 10 years ago. Goodness gracious what do he want?
Like that saying goes, (Tiger is a good example too) find you a smoking hot married chick and there is a guy tired of
her.
True all I have to do is look at my Wife everyday and go someone got tired of being with HER. The rich are the type that go Why should we care I will just pay the Lawyers what they want and move on.

darthtang aw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/382582/somehow-i-think-shania-got-the-best-part-of-that-deal-lol#post_3340091

Five of the albums you listed should NEVER be coupled with the adjective "awesome". You should be ashamed of yourself.
Darth (I got big balls) Tang

bionicarm

Come on, I listen to both Country and Western. She does have an amazing voice. Somebody must agree with the assessment. She sold as many albums as AC/DC and Def Leppard.
Nickelback is an acquired taste. Little edgy for most people. Sing a lot of controversia; songs.

aquaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/382582/somehow-i-think-shania-got-the-best-part-of-that-deal-lol#post_3340337
Nickelback is an acquired taste. Little edgy for most people. Sing a lot of controversia; songs.
I like Nickelback for two reasons. For a modern rock/alternative, first they don't scream every song, they sing. Second, even though their songs are a little over top, they aren't whining songs about growing up/mom & dad fighting, other crap, like most modern rock has.I don't know how anyone that likes rock, can't like Nickelback's Rockstar.
BTW, Nickelback Jr., in the form of My Darkest Days, Pron Star Dancing is pretty epic (esp. the ext. with Ludi).

reefraff

Country music has a lot of good points
1. Country music keeps the rednecks out of the rock n roll bars
2. Country music....... Keeps the rednecks out of the rock n roll bars

J

jstdv8

I think I like country for two reasons.
Alot of it I can relate to.
And I like to hear the lyrics/ vocals being sang rather than screamed, yelled, talked or sang very poorly.

S

smartorl

Well, Jstdv8, that is kind of like you profiling as well. I will make a leap that you are referring to rock music and the majority isn't screamed, yelled, or sang very poorly. Some of the most accomplished vocalists in the world are rock singers. The harder music, that with the screaming you are referring to is metal and not rock and really isn't considered mainstream in that in most markets you won't have a station that plays it.
Frankly, I find it amazing that when with riding with someone who listens to country, that you will hear many of the same songs that I heard while riding with my dad back in 1980! Alot of the newer country music is not that far of a leap from pop music as well.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///forum/thread/382582/somehow-i-think-shania-got-the-best-part-of-that-deal-lol#post_3340472
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/thread/382582/somehow-i-think-shania-got-the-best-part-of-that-deal-lol#post_3340396
Country music has a lot of good points
1. Country music keeps the rednecks out of the rock n roll bars
2. Country music....... Keeps the rednecks out of the rock n roll bars
Country and Western Music is the only music genres with music in it's name. Because it is the only genre that has truly earned it... :)
If you call songs designed to allow a sing along with a finger up your nose music so be it.