Something laid eggs...who was it?

museumgirl

Something laid eggs in our reef tank last night. It's a long string of tiny white eggs attached to the glass. I'm thinking it was probably a snail or something. Any ideas?
in my tank:
turbos
nassarius
blue leg and scarlet hermits
2 clarki clowns until last week (one died
)
1 blue damsel
2- 4 striped damsels
1 mandarin dragonet
1 emerald crab
1 cleaner shrimp
various polyps and anemones
:thinking:
I know the pictures are very clear, poopy camera

bang guy

None of the animals you listed could have produced that egg mass so my guess is that you have a hitchhiking snail you don't know about.

fishfatty

Not trying to steal your thread but, Can i ask a question- how is your mandarin doing? How many lbs. of LR do you have? How long have you had it? Can you give me some info on it? thanks

reefiness

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
None of the animals you listed could have produced that egg mass so my guess is that you have a hitchhiking snail you don't know about.
yup snail tottaly agree with bang, or you know u have snails but you didnt think it would be them so u didnt list them.

museumgirl

"Can i ask a question- how is your mandarin doing? How many lbs. of LR do you have? How long have you had it? Can you give me some info on it?"
I work at a museum and they had the mandarin before I started working here. We only have about 30 lbs of live rock in a 72 gal bow front. He seems to be doing pretty well on a variety of food including live brine and bloodworms, but I wouldn't reccomend it. Everyone on the sight says the more LR the better for them. Like I said, he was here when I came.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Museumgirl
They laid another little string of them last night. Should I take them out??
They will probably end up as food from something in the tank.

museumgirl

They are bubbles.... we need a new powerhead to provide more flow. The bubbles are going away soon. Too much SALT CREEP!!!