Sorry that this is off topic, don't send me your hate mail.

bluebro

But, I don't get it. I don't understand, why am I hated? I've done nothing. Maybe try putting some info up, but I'm not a expert at fish. My friend Burrito signed me up here to learn about them. So I could my knowledge with him, and he could share his with me. But, right now it seems no one cares. I bumbed a 6 year thread on accident. That was the day I joined and thought there was a computer section on the fourms thinking it was a subject I'd like to post on. I didn't even know if there was dates on the posts. It's just not right. Maybe I used big green text a few times. I like green big bold text. I may have posted random smileys? So, It's to just add that I sometimes like being random. I just don't get why I have to be hated, it makes no sense.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBro http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337166
But, I don't get it. I don't understand, why am I hated? I've done nothing. Maybe try putting some info up, but I'm not a expert at fish. My friend Burrito signed me up here to learn about them. So I could my knowledge with him, and he could share his with me. But, right now it seems no one cares. I bumbed a 6 year thread on accident. That was the day I joined and thought there was a computer section on the fourms thinking it was a subject I'd like to post on. I didn't even know if there was dates on the posts. It's just not right. Maybe I used big green text a few times. I like green big bold text. I may have posted random smileys? So, It's to just add that I sometimes like being random. I just don't get why I have to be hated, it makes no sense.

Again you are not trusted as a real member because of Burrito...I have placed Burrito and TheFish on ignore.
So I for one would like to start over and not place you on the same playing level and see how it goes. Now go to tips 101 at the beginning of the new Hobbyist threads. That will give you a start point and you can ask questions after you have a good idea of what you need to know.

gill again68

Again, no hate. If I were you and I wondered what others were talking about then I would scan all of my post in the topics they were in and ask the question..... were these helpful, annoying, needed, distracting....etc.
I think the point people are making about the recent post of burrito, yourself and whoever the other is gets down to this. They are in some and maybe most ,but certainly not all, distracting and annoying.
Like mentioned above if it all quit today then I think most would forget it quickly. I hope you and your friends do stay and learn this wonderful hobby.
Have a blessed day!

deejeff442

hell i am just happy anyone still comes here.not sure what this dude did but i could care less.
seems humble to me.not sure whats up with burrito ?he dont bother me.
maybe i am missing something?

meowzer

Blue.....the threads from 5 years ago are un necessary, as are the comments that are ridiculous and have NOTHING to do with the topic.....
that's hint #1.....

deejeff442

my guess is hes a youngster?we had a car accident last week.a 16 year old rolled his truck on its side.nobody was hurt bad but this kid thought it was fun.it was 30 degrees out we were cold standing there waiting for the tow truck.this kid wanted us to take a pic of his truck on its side with him in front of it for a xmass card.he wouldnt shut up and kept doing stupid things like trying to climb on the truck to get a jacket as the truck was rocking around.hope i wasnt so immature at is ?probably was though,maybe worse cant remember we smoked alot back then :eek:)

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337204
my guess is hes a youngster?we had a car accident last week.a 16 year old rolled his truck on its side.nobody was hurt bad but this kid thought it was fun.it was 30 degrees out we were cold standing there waiting for the tow truck.this kid wanted us to take a pic of his truck on its side with him in front of it for a xmass card.he wouldnt shut up and kept doing stupid things like trying to climb on the truck to get a jacket as the truck was rocking around.hope i wasnt so immature at is ?probably was though,maybe worse cant remember we smoked alot back then :eek:)
YES, we believe that too which is why we have given Burrito so much leeway....but now it is getting out of hand.....

btldreef

Alright, well I was one of the ones who laid a little bit of a slap on you last night so I guess I should explain my stance...
This is a FISH FORUM. If you are a new hobbyist, or thinking about getting into the hobby, you should introduce yourself and then go read through the new hobbyist section of this forum. Learn how a tank is supposed to be set up, cycled, maintained, etc. If you have questions along the way, post a thread with your questions, people will be happy to respond and help you through the process of learning about being a good hobbyist.
Now, if you want to just post nonsense, you may post in The Aquarium section, or go to another forum. This forum should not be used just as a chat platform, that's what AOL is for. Posting in large, bold and underlined green font is just obnoxious. It becomes even more annoying when the post that this appears in is just a bunch of gibberish or none useful garbage. Posting things such as "Take it to the fishy doctor," or whatever you stated, is just dumb, especially when it's obvious that the person who posted a thread about a sick critter in their tank is obviously upset about the situation and asking for advice. You're free to share your knowledge, but when you don't have any about the subject on which you are posting, it becomes more of an annoyance and really starts you off on a bad foot. Now, tie in the fact that you're associated with Burrito who has annoyed numerous people on this forum, many of whom have placed them on the ignore list (I am one of them), you already are starting off on a bad foot for a lot of people. We BEGGED the moderators on this site to ban Burrito because of how much they were irritating people. You being associated with them, means you really need to behave in order to be accepted by most people.
Then there is the issue of this forum desperately trying to stay alive. Before you joined, the forum went through a failed update. MANY people, I'd say more than half the usual members of this site left as a result. Those of us that stuck around are doing our best to keep the forum alive and fresh with knowledge. When you or anyone else posts nonsense, it makes the forum look worse than it already is right now. If a new member were to come on to this forum and open up threads and the first things they see are giant green letters that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread, they're likely not to take this forum seriously and not to come back.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337209
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337204
YES, we believe that too which is why we have given Burrito so much leeway....but now it is getting out of hand.....
Being young is not an excuse. There are many youngsters on this forum that are model citizens on this forum. Being immature is a another story and honestly, being immature shouldn't be tolerated. We're not their parents, we shouldn't have to discipline them or babysit them. They should behave.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337213
Being young is not an excuse. There are many youngsters on this forum that are model citizens on this forum. Being immature is a another story and honestly, being immature shouldn't be tolerated. We're not their parents, we shouldn't have to discipline them or babysit them. They should behave.
TRUE, but I felt bad thinking he had no good guidance at home

BLUEBRO and/or BURRITO
If you want to be taken seriously...as BTLD and many others have said......ask valid questions, use english...not whatever this is you kids call it these days, stop making senseless comments in threads, stop dragging up 5 year old threads
we are not a bad bunch, just don't have the time or patience for nonsense anymore

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337213
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337209
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337204
AMEN BTLD agree 100%

bluebro

As I said I didn't know how old the fourms were -___-" Still, you give me the hate mail. This is grammar, my friend. Get used to it. Love it. Live with it.

deejeff442

i have a friend that sends me text i cant fricken read.abbreviations for everything.i have to call him and ask what the hell it meant and text in english that's all i know or spanish he in texas spanish is a must and easier to figure out than this babbling crap kids write now.how are these kids ever going to get a decent job when they cannot spell correctly.hell my bonehead nephew couldn't figure out how to use a rotary phone.no kidding also his girlfriend couldn't read a hands clock only digital.
i'll bet if they hit spell check it would light up like a christmas tree

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBro http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337224
As I said I didn't know how old the fourms were -___-" Still, you give me the hate mail. This is grammar, my friend. Get used to it. Love it. Live with it.
I have no mailed you. I haven't "hated" on you. I'm telling you that you're being a nuisance and annoying quite a few members.
Fine, you get a pass on not knowing how old certain posts were when you first joined. More people are annoyed by the nonsense posts you leave in threads.

bluebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337232
i have a friend that sends me text i cant fricken read.abbreviations for everything.i have to call him and ask what the hell it meant and text in english that's all i know or spanish he in texas spanish is a must and easier to figure out than this babbling crap kids write now.how are these kids ever going to get a decent job when they cannot spell correctly.hell my bonehead nephew couldn't figure out how to use a rotary phone.no kidding also his girlfriend couldn't read a hands clock only digital.
i'll bet if they hit spell check it would light up like a christmas tree
At least I use my share of grammar. Unlike others who think I'm some little kid who doesn't.

bluebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBro
http:///forum/thread/382403/sorry-that-this-is-off-topic-don-t-send-me-your-hate-mail#post_3337224
I have no mailed you. I haven't "hated" on you. I'm telling you that you're being a nuisance and annoying quite a few members.
Fine, you get a pass on not knowing how old certain posts were when you first joined. More people are annoyed by the nonsense posts you leave in threads.
Seriously, It's I haven't mailed. But, I don't get how I'm being annoying. Is it my join date the reason why people hate me?

indy2009

This happened in a forum a couple years ago that I no longer use, it was one member using different screen names, doing the same thing. The Admin would ban and this person would sign up again using different screen names..Just a thought..