South Carolina Reefers!

brainrush

Just putting a shout out for all South Carolina Reefers!
I know there are a few of us on this board, as I have seen post here and there from SC.
All SC Reefers reply to this post so we know who each other are, maybe we could also set-up some local trades, tank babysitters so we don't have to worry when we leave town, and such...I'll start.
I'm in West Columbia.
I have a 49-ish gallon acrylic long aquarium. I have been a reefer since 2002. I have many corals including some LPS, zoos, shrooms, xenia (although they don't pulse) and GSP...lots of GSP. I also have a few fish including a clown, foxface, and Flame Angel.
Anyone else from SC?

roll tide

Im down in Beaufort. 5 minutes from

[hr]
Island and 25 minutes from

[hr]
Head. Any good stores your way?

brainrush

Fishy Business on Bush River Road is pretty good. Their prices are a little high, but when you consider there is no shipping charge they are not too bad. There is also a reef store out in Irmo, but I forget its name.

celacanthr

Outside of Charlotte.
37g lagoon, 20g planted mantis tank, and a new tank will eb up soon.....maybe.

fisherman2

Hey im in columbia, whats the name of that reef store out in irmo?, also dees wild things on forest drive has some good fish prices and live rock is $6 a lb., same goes for pet lovers warehouse out on garnersfary rd., they have great coral prices lr is $6 a lb up to 20 lbs then its $5! if yall buy any fish from them tell me how it goes, b/c all the 10 or so fish ive bout, and one cleaner shrimp have died, the only one that lived was a damsel.

highcottn1

well im in south charlotte and i basicly live there in the summer cuz i fish so would u cositer me as a south carolinian? o and plus GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!! :jumping:

brainrush

I finally thought of it, the name of the LFS in Irmo is "Fins." Never been there, but here is the address: 7536 Woodrow St. Irmo SC 29063.
Anyone ever been there? Maybe I will check it out this weekend.

lauras

I am in Greenville now but will be moving to Columbia in a few months. I have 5 reef tanks, mostly Nano's. One 30 gal with a brand new Aqua C skimmer that I love.

greg803

Originally Posted by BrainRush
Fishy Business on Bush River Road is pretty good. Their prices are a little high, but when you consider there is no shipping charge they are not too bad. There is also a reef store out in Irmo, but I forget its name.

Fins is in Irmo

greg803

Originally Posted by BrainRush
I finally thought of it, the name of the LFS in Irmo is "Fins." Never been there, but here is the address: 7536 Woodrow St. Irmo SC 29063.
Anyone ever been there? Maybe I will check it out this weekend.
Fins is a good store Rick has healthy stuff

greg803

Originally Posted by Fisherman2
does anyone want a wet dry?its rated for up to 90g
how much do you want for it?

greg803

I am in AIken SC 150 reef
Go COCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pontius

I'll throw in a 3rd "GOOO COCKS!!!". I just figured it was a given that all these SC people were Carolina fans since Climpsun fans aren't smart enough to handle a saltwater tank.

celacanthr

Originally Posted by Pontius
Climpsun fans aren't smart enough to handle a saltwater tank.
I'll show you smart enough! You can't even spell Clemson, stupid chickens.

pontius

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
I'll show you smart enough! You can't even spell Clemson, stupid chickens.

I spelled it exactly right.....C-L-I-M-P-S-U-N.....T-A-T-E-RRRR-S, fight taters, fight taters, fight fight fight