south florida

macromania

Originally Posted by Westpalmwill
Im interested what do you do and when is it?
Hi Will,
You just show up and socialize, view the host tank, chat with fellow reefers, ask questions, learn and eat. Sunday, April 20th at 2pm. Here's a copy of the directions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibious
5605 Johnston Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34951, USA - Google Maps
You will see two houses in view. The google arrow is on the road not on our house. It's easy to see, in satellite view, you have to drive passed our house, turn in at the other house and come back to our driveway.
I should add the exit number on 95 is 138 (Indrio Road), one mile east to Johnston Road turn North, go one mile (actually 9/10s), turn into driveway of neighbor's house, immediately turn left again (South), go to second driveway (just past the gated one) turn right into our driveway.
sorry, its actually ft pierce
Its quite a trip I think, but I am going anyway. I hope I can get you interested! I will probably host the next one (in lake worth).

metweezer

I'm in Port St Lucie also. I hope Coral Junky shows up with some frags. I have been promising him that I would drop by his house but never made it. I'll be there.
Steve

A

amphibious

Hi everyone, my name is Richard. I'm a reefaholic. I could really quit but, I don't want to. Why? Because over 61 years in this hobby I've meet and made friends with 100s of people just like you. It's time for you to do the same...I'm not new here but, the guy Macromania has been blurbing about. The guy hosting the first get together of what I coined, The Treasure Coast Reef Society. Our intention is not to get bogged down in "club" ritualism but to meet, greet, exchange information, eat, have a cool one, view a different members tank each month, you know, socialize. We have 9 reefers that are signed up for this initial event BEFORE Macromania announced it here. I'm hoping everyone decides to make it up to Ft. Pierce. It's going to be an exciting and informative event. I have some surprises planned. What are they? Well now, if I told you they would no longer be a surprise, would they. You will just have to attend to find out. What? You want a hint? Just tell you one??? OK, one!I have invited the Owner of Ocean's Blend Additives, Russell Whitney of Orlando, to come and speak. Russell will remind us of the importance of adding replacement chemicals to our systems and why Calcium, Alk/Ph and Magnesium additives are critical in keeping a balance in our reef system. Russell is first a serious hobbyist and second a businessman. You do not want to miss this, he is very informative. Since meeting Russell and listening to his advice, my reef keeping has reached a new level of expertise. OK, that's one.Would you look at this group of reefers just down the road from me? The following interested (should I have said, interesting?) Saltwaterfish.com forum members please consider yourselves officially "invited" to the gathering of this reef minded group...
Bugsy, Stuart.
A short drive bugsy ya gotta come, you are driving MM crazy over that helmut.
digitydash, Miami.
You are welcome to make that two hour drive but, excused if you don't. Gas prices, UGLY!!!
nina&noah, Miami.
OK, Miamians, get together.
MiaHeatLvr, Miami.
The same would hold true for you. Car Pool???
coraljunky, PSL.
Just up the road from us. Hope you can make it.
florida joe, Naples.
I don't know, it's a long drive Joe. You could leave the day before?

gonefishcrazy, Ft. Lauderdale.
Well, I drove down for the frag show so, I know how far it is. Hope you decide to come up.
Isistius, WPB.
You need to come and explain the picture in your profile.

peachie98, Wellington.
Mount one of those show horses and ride North. Hope to see you here.
ClownFiSH11, Cheese Head State.
Now this would be the longest drive. But, I'm a cheese head, too. GO PACKERS!!! Moved from WI to FL about three years ago.
Johnny&Sin, WPB.
OK, You've got to come and explain, Golden Crab Fisherman. Besides, I could use a trim.
Shoregirl2, WPB.
Wow, lots of reefers hiding out in WPB. Hope you take the time to come.
damien2818, Miami.
There are several of you Miami reefers. Get a car pool and come up.
metweezer, PSL.
You might think of yourself as an "old geezer" but, I've got you by ten years. Come on up.
Holy schmit, we're gonna have to kick a trail through the house to make room for you guys. That would be great, the house needs cleaning anyway.
So, who's up for it??? I need a head count, please. I don't want to run short of cool ones. Although it isn't necessary, bringing a dish to pass is acceptable. Let me know what, when you RSVP.
Where??? 5605 Johnston Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34951, You will have to Google Map it because SFW.COM doesn't allow HTML code, I guess.
If you do the satellite view, you will see two houses in view. The google arrow is on the road not on our house. It's easy to see, in satellite view, you have to drive passed our house, turn in at the other house and come back to our driveway. Here is my cell number if you need it - 772-979-0786
Ok, that must about cover everything. Holy cow!!! Does anyone know how long it takes to write a post this size???
Amphibious
aka:Deek - I couldn't spell it correctly because the filter makes it come out looking like this, ---- :)

macromania

way to go ----, amphibious (I think its funny that I cant type your name)
Im so glad that you put all that info in one place!! Im looking forward to it! Remember that I started to shake two weeks before the frag show!!???
I DO want frags
What does anyone have to part with???
I dont have much, so I will have to use dollars
My worms are spoken for

I could part with
pulsing xenia
pink zoas
neon green star polyps
different kinds of colt coral
a scrap of red macro, grape caulerpa, codium
LAURA

notsonoob

Originally Posted by coraljunky
http:///forum/post/2541137
I heard the FMAS frag swap was for selling only. The prices were the same as retail

Anyway, I'm from Pot St Lucie and travel to WPB for work.

I did that.....7 days a week....gas prices at 2.85 WAS NUTS!

notsonoob

I used to do that back and forth to the airport. When you pay for it yourself it just plain S*CKS!

I think I figured it out to 16 dollars a day round trip.....6-7 days a week!

macromania

OK!!
Looks like about 12 to 15 commited for Sundays first meeting!! Who else can we count on? Its Sunday at 2pm, directions are above I think. I'll check and repost if I need to. If there is anything anyone is interesed in buying or trading, this would probably be a good time to discuss it. I think Ive already posted the FEW things I have available. I am looking for just about anything, let me know what you have so I can put my order in! Most importantly, let me know if youre coming

You can let me know here, or email me at Laurabolyard@bellsouth.net

macromania

I have some leathers that I could frag, green star polyps, zoas, xenia (pulsing pink), various macro algae,
not much, Im still building my inven
tory!!

metweezer

Originally Posted by macromania
http:///forum/post/2570147
I have some leathers that I could frag, green star polyps, zoas, xenia (pulsing pink), various macro algae,
not much, Im still building my inven
tory!!
Laura,
I am interested in some corals but I haven't the lighting for SPS. I currently have no corals but I hope to change this on Sunday. Look forward to seeing you.