SOVIETTACO's 24g Nano-Cube Diary

soviettaco

Alrighty long time no see I know but school is hectic this year. Ok so today I bought new lights, I wanted a little more color so I decided on a standard JBJ blue white combo and I wanted JBJ 2 blue actinic but they didn't have any so I was steered towards the "omega star" brand. They are a little bit wider but fit fine. Only issue with them is they seem to be really weak and dim. Here's some pics to show you what I am talking about.
This is the brand and model, 17 inch straight pin 36/40 watt

Here's a chart on the back I'm guessing to deal with PAR but it isn't too helpful

See how the bottom two blues look dimmer and not as blue compared to the top blue?

Also it looks like the bottom Blue bulb isn't even lit, are these defective? Something doesn't seem right.

Hopefully some of you guys can leave some comments and help me out.

levinjac

thats what i have hehe that is a night light it turns on at night or if you turn it on it is a dark blue

soviettaco

meowzer

I have a dual satellite on my 54G that has a square pin....not straight 4 pin...BUT....The current or coralife bulbs is what I would look into

nissan577

i really never heard of that brand. have you check it up online? why dont you just go with a clip on halide HQI?

soviettaco

Go to the previous page and you shall see. I'm a bit concerned but at the same time everything seems to be coloring up really well, but it is very blue in the tank now and doesn't look good on camera but looks nice in person. Check it out and let me know man

soviettaco

Fish people of the world, I wanted to let you know that i am still alive but nothing is going on... At all.... In my tank.... Just enjoying it as is right now.

soviettaco

Quick little update. During my next water change I will be reorganizing my rock work, adding more rock, and then possibly removing some GSP it's getting out of hand lol.