Spotted hawk

naturelover

Any fish would pick on new addition to your tank, I try to acclimate them at night when lights are off. This helps new one. I have 2 falco Hawks in my tank and I never had any problem with them.

schlong33

I've got a pixie hawk, and I must say, it has been a trying experience.
He kills ANY fish I have put in. Just continues to terrorize it until it dies. Doesn't matter the size of the fish, he goes after it.
I put in a cleaner shrimp, before I knew about hawkfish. 5 minutes. The amount of time my shrimp lasted. :mad:
Any small hermit crab that Hawk can get his mouth on, he eats. He leaves the bigger hermits alone, but he is eyeing them.
Honestly, I think he is a really cool fish. Very personable, knows you. He will swim to whereever you are looking at the tank and just looks at you. My wife likes him, but I am going to trade him and my anemone crab (eats anemones, go figure) in, for some community fish.
Overall, a cool fish, just expect that you can't have certain creatures with them.

bullshark

I also have in with the Arc Eye 2 pep shrimp and an arrow crab, one emerald crab, some hermits and a bit less snails than before......

jumpfrog

I've kept a spotted hawk in a 10 gallon for over a year. In fact, he stays at the office with me now. Great personality and is like a puppy. But, it's his tank and with the exception of snails and a sargassum angler fish which hung out for a month or so, NOBODY, is allowed in his tank. Mean as h*
to strangers.

flamehawk

Cleaner shrimp , as you found out the hard way, will not last w/ hawkfish.
AS far as 2 hawks in a tank, I have a flame and spotted(falco) in a 125 w/ no probs. They're great fish.
I think a falco or flame in a 15 or 20 s/b fine. Plenty of L/R needed.

flamehawk

Sorru about your shrimp. Hawks and cleaner shrimp don't mix.
I've had a flame and and falco hawk in my 125 for over 3 years and all is well. People say hawks are a bit aggressive but I've never seen them be aggressive except towards their food.
a