Sps receding! Help!

runn3rb3an

Ok so my nanocube is overheating right now I'm at like 86 degrees and it's been around 80 for true last few days. I left my hood open and today I noticed that one of my pieces bleached almost completley in a few hours but it started a few days ago maybe. I have some other branches that bleached in just today too. Is it the heat or lack of light? everything else and all other sps are fine and flourishing and I dosed my calk mag an dkh today so I assume it's on par.
What shouldni do besides cooling down the tank? What's causing this?ball the pieces are tank raised. And have been in my system without a problem for oneto 2 weeks

meowzer

Could be a combination of those things....so far what I have found out is that once the white starts, the only thing to do is to cut the piece above it....MAYBE you can save that piece

meowzer

Originally Posted by runn3rb3an
http:///forum/post/3273184
Crud...
Thanks meowzer. Any other options?
Sorry...I wish I had some for you.....I just had to cut up an acropora purple nana for the same reasons :( henry advised me, and I trust him 100% :)

btldreef

Absolutely the heat. And most of the time, once the tissue starts pealing off at a rapid rate, you're done. You can try to frag them and dip them, but from my experience, it just stresses the coral out more and they die anyways. Is there any way you can float a frozen water bottle in your tank and change it often? This works for me in my 14G. I keep 12 frozen Poland Spring bottles and rotate them every 2 hrs or so. Cut back on lighting, but don't deprive them of all lighting by leaving the hood open all day.