Stability

ninjamini

Well one week into the cycle of my new tank and I took some water for testing to the LFS and no spikes. My cycle has not begun yet...Bummer.
:thinking: The guy at the LFS recomended "Stability New Tank Stabilization System". What do ya all think of this stuff?

oceana

I have not used the above product . and i am far from an expert
however IMO.
the best thing for the cycle of a new tank or just about anything in salt water is TIME!,
99% of the people that give up on Salt water anything was due to rushing things and magic potions. it really is not a hard hobby just takes time and LOTS of reading
give it time.
I let my first reef sit for almost 2 month
did i mention TIME??

good luck to you

jgterrywv

What do you have in the tank to start the cycle? I am new at this as well. There are many posts on this forum that discuss cycling.

ninjamini

Originally posted by jgterrywv
What do you have in the tank to start the cycle? I am new at this as well. There are many posts on this forum that discuss cycling.

It's a 6 gallon eclipse. I have 10 lbs of live sand, 5 lbs of live rock and one damsel. It has only been a week. The LFS recommended Stability. Time is our real friend and that is not really the question. I tend to think that a natural slow building of the system is best. Its the way nature intended it.
I like to research a recommendation and this sounds like a bad idea. But I thought I would see what you all say since I am really new to this.
Anyone use it? Good experience/bad/no effect?

bang guy

Don't bother with cycle stuff IMO and don't be in a hurry. Good things take time.
I strongly recommend you get your own test kits.

ninjamini

Originally posted by Bang Guy
I strongly recommend you get your own test kits.

Yea after watching them do it last night I don't have alot of faith in them. I thought that they would do more. I have already planned to go to ***** today and get a set. Besides who wants to take water to the LFS every week.
I think that I will take back the Stability to the store and get another live rock.