Stand and circulation pump advice

drew2005

So i will be setting up a 75 gallon rimless in the near future(upgrading from 46 bow) and i need some help/advice on finding a decent stand that is accessible from the sides/left side. Its going in a right corner. I need to get a 20 gallon sump inside and have easy access to it. I looked at the marineland Monterey stands but they are on the pricey side although very nice looking.
As for pump advice, id really like to go with vortech but im torn between 1 mp40 or 2 mp10's. What do you guys think? Im trying hard not to break the bank on equipment. As i would really like to go with an LED setup. Any help/advice is appreciated.

snakeblitz33

build your own stand and customize it the way you want it to look... or have one built by a friend that is willing to do the work.
It's not a pump, it's a powerhead. For a 75g, if you want a nice clean look, go for the MP40. It also depends on how thick your glass is. An MP10 might not be able to work very well on a 75g tank if the glass is too thick.
Any decent lighting fixture is going to cost some money. What I suggest is starting out slow - with a FOWLR for a few months and while that's going and you are getting your tank stocked with some fish and inverts, save up for an LED fixture. You do not want to skimp on equipment.

bang guy

Funny story the other day about an MP40 (fantastic choice!!). Really, go with the MP40.
Person was 100% convinced that the Vortech wasn't going to add any heat to their tank. I could not convince them otherwise no matter what.

drew2005

^^So your saying it does add heat? How much could it possibly add? I would think most of the heat would be on the outside considering thats where the motor is. Im more concerned about noise. I hear the mp40 is a bit noisy.
Snake - I would build my own stand but i just dont have the time to dedicate to a project like that right now. Believe me i have throught about it and the fact i could probably save a few hundred bucks. I think maybe i will have to hold off on the LED lighting and go with a good t5ho 6 lamp fixture. I have some coral that will be transferred to the 75 after it is setup so i need good lighting.

bang guy

When water moves it results in heat. It's the first law of thermodynamics. There is just no getting around it.

geoj

I will have to look for you but there is a stand system out there where all sides are removable.
STEELAQUARIUMSTANDS.com don't know much about them but I did save the link when I ran in to it :laughing: