Star fish come out!

robertg

I have a brittle star fish who wont come out even at night. We really want to get a good look at him. is there a way to convince him to come out?

meowzer

I bought a green serpent star in February for my 225G....the only time it has been out is when I got it and it headed straight to the rocks...has never been out since

I know it's there though cause I see its legs at night in a cave....

katsafados

Leave it be. Its natural for them to hide in rock work.
I have a serpant, and I'm lucky that I see it.
The only reason its always out in the open, is because the way I set up my rock work. There caves and what not, but tons of open space between the caves.

soviettaco

robertg I know how you feel I got one as a hitch hiker and I want him out in the open more too, he just has his legs sticking out of a hole. I don't think he will ever come out
. And I think grabing him will hurt him.

robertg

As you can see me and my gf where very excited to see him grab the food lol. He actually came all the way out I just did not get it on the video. I use a small piece of beta food which I know is not the best for him but with a pair of surgical tweezers I sat the food right beside him and he came out for it quickly.
here is a video of him grabbing the food its pretty neat how he rolls it up into his mouth.
As you can see me and my gf where very excited to see him grab the food lol. He actually came all the way out I just did not get it on the video. I use a small piece of beta food which I know is not the best for him but with a pair of surgical tweezers I sat the food right beside him and he came out for it quickly.
here is a video of him grabbing the food its pretty neat how he rolls it up into his mouth. Excuse my annoying excitment lol first time seeing him
http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=IMG_0349.flv