started a seahorse etc species only tank...

D

dboy999

I started a seahores/pipefish/invert safe/species safe fish maybe 2-3,only tank.Its a 75 oceanic predrilled overflows,anC/L.I basically looped into my main system which is about 800gallons (375)main tank.i put it right next to the 375 think i may paint the stand an canopy same as walls an etc..not in love with the black.heres a couple pics will document progress picked up a redi seahorse and a purple gorganian today at lfs have a large order being delivered tommorow from a certain site and going to get some low light corls shrooms etr not many though.2banded pipe fish,2alligator pipefish,2mated pairs of 2 differnt species seahores,yellow gorganian, 5peppermint shrimp snails etc....ill post some pics over the weekend of the shipment...

rubberduck

swweet man im absolutly loving it. Great idea and please show pics once it realy starts to form.
:cheer:

D

dboy999

ill post some new main tank pics this weekend i have some major coraline alage build up scraped half last night probably the rest tonight them ill snap some good pics,you can see that whole setup in other threads of mine do a search for my name,Just recived my shipment 30 minutes ago for the species tank everything floating now ill snap some pics of all the new goodies also

rubberduck

hey so are you planing on a species that the tank will revolve around. also wht methods of feeding is your preference to keep them healthy. Nice idea that is getting me excited ***)
:thinking:

D

dboy999

well i got my shipment heres some pics an i got only captive bred seahores/pipe fish already eatin mysis like little pigs.just fed them..heres some pics...right now theres 2 yellow seahorses,1 redi seahorse,3 pipe fish 2 banded pipes great coloring,and an alligator pipe he has bin hiding though no pic yet of him,a yellow gorganian,purple gorganian,a large finger leather i still have acclimating in back tank,50 blue leg hermits,an about 20-25 snails.....ill continue pregress a it goes on here...

teresaq

looks nice. you wil want to get rid of that hitchhiker in the fourth picture. it will sting your horses.

D

dboy999

the pinkish anememe looking thig?...was thinking the same thing ..got any good weapons to destroy...i got some asptisa before i put rock in with hot waterkilled them off..missed him though...was thing if he is like a normal aneneme i maybe be able to peel him off..

teresaq

its not a ric. looks like moj.... dont know how to spell it. but you might try joes juice ir super glue. check on seahorse.org

D

dboy999

ok added 2 mated pair kudo sea horse today an a large finger leather..heresthe kicker the male is totally fully of babies ready to pop..was contracting alot an opening up his slit to his poch underneath but nothing came yet ..waiting..hers a bunch of pics..some are of them paired single an the pregnantone an a close up of where the babies will come from...

D

dboy999

i understand what your getting at with the plants just hate the look loadind up on gorganians,sea fans,other types for them to latch onto there fine trust me ive done my homework..i have a 120 gallon tank full of grape,fern,reg.calurpra,cheto..i dont want it in my displays..just my choice..

D

dboy999

no its coraline alage its a good alage but my tank just produces so much i gave up on`scraping the sides an back...,,id love to slow it down some .anyone have any ideas?

D

dboy999

mud, its 4 year old live rock an live sand its loaded with pods etc...plus regular feeding there eating well ..thanks though

teresaq

are you going to try and save the babies. I have been reading a lot on seahorses latley, and am thinking about start a tank for them.