started a seahorse etc species only tank...

D

dboy999

imk going to try in going to section of a little are in my fuge for them so they eat an see what happens ..just trying to figure how in getting them from tank to fuge...

blitz99

arent you going to run into feeding problems? since the tank is so big you will need to feed a ton of food so all can eat, causing high nitrates, causing problems.... or is this only with the dwarf/mini seahorses?

D

dboy999

everyone relax.....circulation is low ive fed many time so far they go after all food an other than that this is looped into an existing sytem of 800 gallons read the whole post!

D

dboy999

plus 50 hermits 5 pepermint shrimp 30 snails for excess food..an plan on adding more pipefish seahorse an inverts,and also maybe 2 seahorse safe fish im fine trust me .ive done my homework before i started all this thank you al for all you 2 cents!

fishman856

You think you're real hot ---- with your fancy fish tank, don't you? "My tank is so big, I have so many sea horses, play with my coral, blah blah blah!" You wouldn't last one minute in the "Brush" with that kind of attitude.
I am the FishMan.

ssweet1

I have a seahorse tank and I am keeping all males cause they have tons and tons of babies every month if you pair them up with females. I am talking between 50-250 babies every month and you have to have a newborn tank set up just for them it is a real pain and even then only very few survive so just dont be dissapointed with the babies. Your doing the right thing by getting all captive bred, they sure are pretty too! The canopy on your big tank is too cool!
Carrie

D

dboy999

thanks sweet..what do you feed your seahorses?like to here differnt peoples recipes....
and "fishyboy"go away jr.or ill tie your fingers in my tank an let my trigger eat your fingertips..lol...

D

dboy999

heres a few new pics an some additions,...added a orange linkra,red gorganian,2 dragon pipefish, cleaner shrimp ,yellow sponge

saltydog

Dboy, that is really nice. How long do Sea Horses live??? I've heard they are very short lived in the best of conditions.
I always thought I would like to set up a Sea Horse tank but this short lived thing has scared me off.
-Salty

saltydog

Thats what I've heard from a couple people. Best case 12-18 months. Captive bred (the only way to go) are expensive. To have to replace them every 12-18 months would be difficult for some of us.
I understand they breed easily but raising the young is no easy task.
Thanks, just wanted to confirm.
-Salty

D

dboy999

ive heard many differnt opinions on this subject ..but in all honesty you must thinkabout it ..Who knows how old they are when you get them ya now?ill play it buy ear all are ver healthy great tank conditons water feeding etc..w'ell see what happens..Ilove them though i find myself observing the 75 horse tank more than my 375 maintank..lol...

D

dboy999

was bored took some new pics..everythings doing great growing eating..fragged some xenia also from my main tank.

rsedatec

a little off the subject, but how do you get the corline to glow? i have my tank for a year and yet nothing or almost nothing. my water is fine and i have vho lighting . any can use any help. by the way that tank i s a dream. i would kill for a tank like that.

D

dboy999

honestly im not 100% sure why it grows so fast in my tanks but i think it has alot to do with my calcium reactor