Starting a 10 gallon reef

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by mckevinfang
http:///forum/post/2814346
ok thanks for the advice.
i think my tank has too much flow for the clown ?? he usually stays around the back or sides of the Powerheads??
i have a odyssea 100 PH in the back right shooting left back
i have a maxijet 1000 PH in front right pointing diagonally across the tank
i have a odyssea 100 PH below the mj 1000 pointing up towards the back
is that too much flow? i know mast SPS need high flow but is this too much?
it might be too much linear flow... if you were able to break up the flow, you'd be in better shape. That's why alot of people use those hydor koralias. if nothing else, you could get you a FLO nozzle or two since they have the direction changing head. On my 20long I have a maxijet 900 blowing across the back and two hydor koralia nanos that aim forward over the rock towards the front of the tank. Then a maxijet900 feeds my aquafuge2. You have lots more flow than me, but my 20long will eventually be mostly LPS, but I could put SPS at the top since that's where the most flow is lol.

mckevinfang

ok im going to see if i can add that to my online order before they ship my order so i dont have to pay for shipping again!! im getting the Hydor Rotating Flo Deflector

fcatch76

fang, your chaeto is on its way, I'll PM you the tracking number
BTW, love the Chuck E Cheese conversation, looks like a trip is in order!!

mckevinfang

thanks for the cheato!!! hope it comes soon!!
we should have everyone on SWF.com go to CEC lol

i dont plan on getting them yet but im watching the item for now!!!

nissan577

okay. yea we should. like on a certain day. lets go on halloween with custumes and take pics and post them here

mckevinfang

well it will be kind of weird im going to be prom king for Halloween and my girlfriend is going to be miss universe 2008 lol

ill try and ask her if she wants to go to CEC i dont mind doing it lol

im trying to sell my turtle tank for some cash!! hopefully it sells!! work is slow and people dont want to go out to eat!! or tip really good

the clown isnt really eating??
i feed a good amount great mixture (live brine, mysis, emerald entree, krill, spectrum pellets and Ocean Nutrition Food prime reef flakes)
and i cant find the YCG
even when i feed? last time i saw him was this morning? both shrimps come out when its feeding time and corals seem happy??
im going to pick up the hydor flo nozzle tomorrow at my LFS!!

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by mckevinfang
http:///forum/post/2815576
well it will be kind of weird im going to be prom king for Halloween and my girlfriend is going to be miss universe 2008 lol

ill try and ask her if she wants to go to CEC i dont mind doing it lol

im trying to sell my turtle tank for some cash!! hopefully it sells!! work is slow and people dont want to go out to eat!! or tip really good

the clown isnt really eating??
i feed a good amount great mixture (live brine, mysis, emerald entree, krill, spectrum pellets and Ocean Nutrition Food prime reef flakes)
and i cant find the YCG
even when i feed? last time i saw him was this morning? both shrimps come out when its feeding time and corals seem happy??
im going to pick up the hydor flo nozzle tomorrow at my LFS!!

Is the food getting blasted all over the place so that it scares the clown? Mine won't eat food that flies all over the place and can't be caught with ease... You may want to turn off a powerhead or two during feeding. Also maybe reposition the powerheads so there are areas of low flow too... the fish might be stressed by it... if you're concerned about the sps just move them all to the top row with the powerheads blowing across the water column.

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic http:///forum/post/2815692
Is the food getting blasted all over the place so that it scares the clown? Mine won't eat food that flies all over the place and can't be caught with ease... You may want to turn off a powerhead or two during feeding. Also maybe reposition the powerheads so there are areas of low flow too... the fish might be stressed by it... if you're concerned about the sps just move them all to the top row with the powerheads blowing across the water column.
ill try that when i get home thanks rotary!!!!

it does seem that the fishes are swimming against the current
ill turn off all the PH during feeding and reposition the PH and get the nozzle today

also my LFS is have a coral sale today till saturday for halloween!!! so im going to stop by and see what they have!!!

heres what their flyer says:
•All LPS Corals 30% Off! (FLAT TANK 1)
•All LPS Corals 25% Off! (FLAT TANK 2) Acans, Favias, Lobos!! Sweet deals!
•SALE!! SPS MINI COLONYS ONLY $25 EACH (NEEDS SOME COLORING UP)
•SELECT SPS FRAGS (FLAT TANK 2) ALL $5.00 EACH!!!
also my buddy with the $5.00 frags is back in town so i might pick some up from him again.

heres a list of what i want from him and the price im getting them for!!

- Polcilpora~1"~$5
- Hydophorna~$1"~$5
- Pink Birdsnest~$5
- Rainbow Montipora~ small~$10
-ORA Chips Acro~$15(1)
SPEND $40.00 and get a free $10 Frag
- *Watermellon Millipora~$10*
wow im really dipping into my pockets
i hope my girlfriend will buy me some