Starting a 10 gallon reef

nano-newb1983

Originally Posted by mckevinfang
http:///forum/post/2816441
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!! HAVE YOU PLAYED FABLE 1??? ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE IMO AND NOW FABLE 2!!! I WILL RULE THAT GAME FOR THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS LOL!!! BUT I DONT WORRY ILL STILL BE ON SWF LOL

you got xbox 360 and xbox live?

mckevinfang

before i do ship where do i buy stuff to help ship? syrofoam box? heat pads? peanuts? boxes? and you guys can look up shipping charges which ever provider you like from San Francisco CA 94112

nissan577

Rotary sent me this:
Essentially all you do is the following:
Go to LFS and grab one of their styrofoam lined boxes that they received THEIR stuff in and then individually bag all the corals with 2/3 water, 1/3 air without blowing into the bags, no pure oxygen necessary, and also don't make the bags really tight either or they'll pop while on the plane. Then put the bags in the box and put packing peanuts in between all the bags and on the bottom and tops of the bags, then take a gel coolpack and wrap it in newspaper and put that on top of the peanuts and put the styrofoam lid on and pull the styrofoam out of the cardboard box and tape the lid on then put it back in the box. tape box shut, put packing label on, ship overnight.

rotarymagic

I also mentioned since its cooling off and all that coolpacks may not be necessary. In the middle of winter, a heatpack may actually be necessary. I've shipped lots of stuff before and haven't had a loss yet, I guess I'm lucky.

mckevinfang

so i picked up FABLE 2 around 2:00pm then ate out with my GF then went to a LFS for their frag sale wasnt that good of a selection
only SPS frags were $5 everything else over priced
I forgot to charge my digital camera
so i have pics from my phone not soo good (i gotta find a way to transfer it from my phone to the computer)
i got 6 frags all SPS nothing rare but nice pieces overall. i also picked up some more fish food and the hydor flo nozzle

i got home around 4:00pm acclimated the corals and put them in around 5:00pm
me and my GF took a nap and woke up at 7:00pm
then i got my haircut ate dinner with my folks to a buffet
and just got done doing HW

im uploading the picture right now so theyll be up soon

mckevinfang

as you can see i also picked up a strofoam box from the LFS for free i guess im ready to start shipping lol

bump on the comments? advice? suggestions?

whisk

I wish I could give you some advice but im still learning myself. Cool shots of your tank though, lots of new frags in your tank!

coral keeper

Originally Posted by mckevinfang
http:///forum/post/2817292
i did move some things around ill post more pics tomorrow!!1
what do you guys think??
COMMENTS?? SUGGESTIONS??? ADVICE??
Get rid of the frag plugs that are on the bottom left. Also, get a new bulb. Its too yellow for my taste.

mckevinfang

thanks guys!!
ill take out the plugs today. CK when i get more cash maybe in 2 or 3 months ill get a bluer MH bulb.
i got a question does this sound good?
This combination for $35 =
Green Bay Packers : 2 polyps
Blowpops : 1-3 polyps
Tubbs Blue : 4 polyps
Radioactive Dragon Eyes : 1-3 polyps
and how do i grow these should i superglue them to some LR? i have a long tongan branch that i can glue them to?? should i break that up and glue them to that? ive seen some people put them into cups??