Starting Remote Deep Sand Bed, DIY in bucket

topcat

Originally Posted by novahobbies
http:///forum/post/3196992
Why'd you ressurect a 7-month old thread just to advertise your scrubber?

Sheesh.
Is it just me, or do some of the scrubber people remind anyone else of the door-to-door religious fanatics that come knocking with their pamphlets?
"Good morning! Have you accepted Algae Scrubbers as your aquarium's personal lord and saviour?"
[/SIZE]
With due respect, I had just discovered this interesting topic of RDSB and scrubbers. Not 7 months ago. Not everyone is revolving and moving at your same pace and thank goodness this hobby is eternal and long-lasting.
I would appreciate some answers to my questions in my previous post instead of jumping to the conclusion that I am a saleman. Which part my link indicated that ?
I had just joined both forums for goodness sake, And I am interested to start a reef tank.
A little welcome and patience with newbies would be appreciated ..........

novahobbies

In that case, welcome to the boards! I took you for a troller due to the way you started posting...the bold keywords are often a way people trollers and sales pitchers post their schticks. Just so you know, links to competitors or even other forums that may link back to competitors are specifically prohibited on this forum.
As per your question, we have a rather largish thread going on concerning algae scrubbers over in the reef section. You can check it out here. A couple of the people on that thread are a little....well, fanatical..... about the properties of algae scrubbers. A few times it feels like you're reading the script to an infomercial, but there's still some good data coming back from the algae scrubber group.
If you're new to saltwater in general, I'd suggest you check out the new hobbyist and tips and techniques sections of the boards first, then start reading in on the reef forums. Enjoy, and again, welcome.