Starting up the 90g

willie

That is a sweet looking tank! How is your refugium looking after a year? if you could post a couple pics of how you set it up that would be very helpful, I just started up a 90 and the limited cabinet space is kind of...well limiting. I really like your skimmer outside the sump setup btw your pictures are excellent..

moepenny68

Right side - my 10 gallon auto top off that fits to the 1/2 inch and wires a plenty. Skimmer is takes up a good area on the left and the return pump is on the far right.

Left side: white is feed to refug and clear above skimmer is return. you can see one of the 4 fans I have under 2 blowing in 2 blowing out.

my cheeto that I have to trash about that size every month cause it grows so fast, Live rock, Deep Sand bed, frags, and some rubble on the far left where the water comes in at.

Anything else?

willie

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and details. That is a nice setup. I made my refugium tonight, I have a deep sandbed along with the live rock and i added the cheeto as well. Mine is a lot smaller but will have to do the trick until I can macgyver something more fitting. I am curious about your fans and light, are you using the fans because of the light? What kind of light is that? I just used a shop light from lowes. Anyway, thanks again and you have a great looking tank!