Stingray with open wound

indcolts56

Can anyone help? We have a Blue dotted sting ray who has developed a small circular open wound below his mouth about 4 days ago. It has gotten slightly worse over the four days and doesn't seem to be healing.
Any ideas on how to care for him? What medications would help?
Thanks for any and all help!

meowzer

WOW...that does not look good at all....you need to do something...BUT I have no clue what...REPOST this..WITH that pic in the disease section also....
I will try to pm Beth for you too

skidemon95

how about bio bandage? my fox face got bite by my clown and the guy at my lfs let me borrow his and said to try it. it worked. dont know how well it will work on a ray though.

7duster3

This may be crazy and i know its shunned most of the time but how about Melafix? Used it as a last resort and it worked like a charm.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by Skidemon95
http:///forum/post/3180959
how about bio bandage? my fox face got bite by my clown and the guy at my lfs let me borrow his and said to try it. it worked. dont know how well it will work on a ray though.
While this may be a decent course of treatment in this case, my immediate concern is that we are talking about a sting ray, an animal whose sting could result in serious injury.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
This ray is not fully grown yet, and my understanding is that the owner intends to upgrade. Right now it is the only fish in the tank.