Sailfin Tang(max 15")
Purple Tang(pain in the a$$)(max 8.5")
Hippo Tang(max 12")
Orange Shoulder Tang(max 13")
Bamboo Shark(max 38")
Flame Angel(max 4")
Maroon Clown(max 6")
Moorish Idol(max 7")
What do you think? Too many? Total maximum inches of fish would be 118.5.

bigred

I know but my buddy bought it for me for x-mas for $50 and he is about 15-18 inches long and eats like a pig. He is the real light tan color like the one in the shark pic post.

yah but i havent heard from many people who have been able to keep moorish idols alive because they sometimes stop eating so i would minus the moorish idol because it will probly die even though they are beautiful

yes and beware those fish might pic at your shark. mainly the angel or the clown. what are the dimensions of the tank too? a bamboo needs to have a tank atleast 8 feet by 2 feet minimal IMO.

logen32

i know for a fact that your chances of actually keeping a Moorish Idol alive is impossible, this is because in the ocean they have a very specific diet and in aquariums the diet lacks an amino acid so even if the Moorish Idol will eat it will not get enough nutrients and die sooner or later.
It's unfortunate because its such a beatutilful fish.

bigred

The tank is 84"Lx31"Tx24"D. I don't think I have a problem with anything I want to get . I have 3 Years into salt and Moorish Idols arn't as hard as people say. I have done my study on them and I don't think I'll have too much of a problem with them.

bigred

I don't have all of these fish yet. I was wondering what everyone would think. The shark is still at the pet shop. I'm transfering everything from my 165 to the 270.

bigred

This is a pic of my 165 that is for sale. I'm transfering everything from this tank to the new one.

bigred

As for equipment I have 1 402 and 1 802 powerhead(thinking of adding another 402), 2 200 watt heaters, a Biomatrix skimmer/filter, and a wetdry filter for up to a 300. I'm also thinking of of doing a 55 underniether for my refugium with a bunch of calurpa and live sand.

cool clown

About the morish idol I would love to have one and have been doing research for 6 months and I still can't bring myself to buying one. I have been told by way to many people that these fish do not survive in a tank. Everyone I have talked to that has had this fish has lost it (some have kept fish for over 10 years) I would forget about getting one. JMO :notsure:

bigred

Yeah I think I'm going to pass on him. I think my Sailfin might also fight with him. I can't wait to start transfering everything to my new tank.