Straight Question

saltfin

Are we suposed to use Anti-Chlorine/chloramine remover if we use Culligan RO/DI water?:notsure:

smarls

OK, I don't know about Culligan RO/DI water exactly, but I use DI water from my LFS, and I do NOT use any chlorine remover (the water is theoretically pure already).
I have been doing this for a year, and everything is fine.
HTH
Stewart

jeepboy

I buy water from the store from an ro unit and do not use the chlorine/cholamine remover and have had no problems. I don't test for it so I could still have some though.

beaslbob

Originally posted by saltfin
Are we suposed to use Anti-Chlorine/chloramine remover if we use Culligan RO/DI water?:notsure:

maybe you're suposed too. maybe you should always.
But I don't never have and have never stressed a fish (FW or salt) in any way. But then I don't use RO/DI either.

flydan

Hey,
Well, there shouldn't be any chlorine in RO/DI water. I wouldn't use it myself. You could always call Culligan and see what's in the H20 you're using.
HTH,
Dan'l

saltfin

I just figured if no chlorine or chloramine no shelf life. Thiought they might add it.
Thanks for help!

saltfin

Oh Bob,
Yours probably sits long enough to evaoprate it to atmosphere and I know we are supposed to age a few days any for salt to melt.
Thanks!

bking

just for grims.....if you read on the salt bag, it says something about the salt disolving or getting rid of any chlorine(SP)...just my 2 cents worth