stumped

salt210

I am glad to see that he wants you to do the right thing. the GM where I work just put it on the "back burner". he worried about it a little then nothing.

mr_x

i don't have a shot of the side. what are you looking for socal?
the tank is a 150.
the sump is a 55.

mr_x

btw- i feel terrible. i put the dogface puffer in my sump because i didn't want him to eat any of my crabs and snails. this was late last night.
i put him in the return area. i watched him pass the pumps and get pulled towards them and he would just swim away pretty easily, so i though it was perfectly safe, for this strong fish.
i was wrong.
he must have swam by the mag7 return at just the right angle to get sucked in. it sucked his stomach area all out, and flesh is hanging from him. it's a horrible sight. he still swims a little, and breathes heavily. i fear he's a gonner. do you think there is a chance he will recover from this massive injury?
it's about a quarter sized area where the flesh has been pulled away. some of it is hanging 2".

keebler

Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2768038
btw- i feel terrible. i put the dogface puffer in my sump because i didn't want him to eat any of my crabs and snails. this was late last night.
i put him in the return area. i watched him pass the pumps and get pulled towards them and he would just swim away pretty easily, so i though it was perfectly safe, for this strong fish.
i was wrong.
he must have swam by the mag7 return at just the right angle to get sucked in. it sucked his stomach area all out, and flesh is hanging from him. it's a horrible sight. he still swims a little, and breathes heavily. i fear he's a gonner. do you think there is a chance he will recover from this massive injury?
it's about a quarter sized area where the flesh has been pulled away. some of it is hanging 2".

That's a tough one...are you considering euthanasia?

V

vince-1961

what about the height differential between the new tank and the old wall on display side?

mr_x

i wouldn't flush it if that's what you mean. that's got to be a painful death. i don't know what to do. i'm going to wait it out.
as for the height difference, we're just going to bring the wall down an inch. he's got some extra pieces of that fiberglass fake brick stuff.

socal57che

http:///forum/post/2768033
i don't have a shot of the side. what are you looking for socal?
the tank is a 150.
the sump is a 55.
Not the "side", as in the end, but the view from the gym. All we have is the "service" side, not the viewing side. I'm sure it looks a lot less like a construction site from there. You had mentioned the size difference. I see now that you are going to modify the wall to meet the new tank specs.
Too bad about the puffer. 2 fish down. I guess you were meant to start the stock list from scratch.

mr_x

yeap..the puffer didn't make it.
the tank is still milky white. after it clears up some i'll shoot a couple pics from the front.

Sorry about the puffer. Do you think you will get another one to keep with the "interesting" fish most normal people or go a different route because it will all the nice coral, crabs, snails, etc?

keebler

http:///forum/post/2768471
yeap..the puffer didn't make it.
the tank is still milky white. after it clears up some i'll shoot a couple pics from the front.
Honestly in this situation, I feel that putting it out of its misery is disrespectful. I would let it die with some dignity, even if that means a painful few last days. You made a mistake, it isn't like you cut its stomach out on purpose. Just my 2 cents.

mr_x

today "privatejoker" and i put in 150 pounds of live rock. it was kaelini rock. i have to admit, PJ and i were a bit impressed by this stuff. nice large pieces and covered with all sorts of things. there were very few round pieces. most were branch-like and very colorful

the tank is still too milky from new sand upset to get a decent pic of it, but here i was drilling the rock to make rock towers....

and a shot of the milky tank.....

What happened to the pic with holding the drill like the terminator. That is new live rock and its nice stuff. I think I'm going to pick some up for my tank.

sickboy

That's really cool how you are building towers. Never thought about doing that before. Can't wait to see this thing done.