stumped

culp

The Tank is looking pretty good.
have you talked to the owner about doing something about bottom of the tank?

fats71

Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2768471
yeap..the puffer didn't make it.
the tank is still milky white. after it clears up some i'll shoot a couple pics from the front.
It never fails when you try and help someone out and cut them a deal something will go wrong....
Nice job on the tank and when you wanna come down to florida lemme know I need some rock work done :)
I supply a bed and breakfast well my wife does the breakfast and it is not served in bed lol.

rotarymagic

Paint that brickwall black!!! That blue makes the place look like a daycare.. I mean this is a gym for adults right? What kind of powerheads are those?? K4s? Tank trim and backwall should be black too..

mr_x

thank you!
btw- i added a nice bright green leather and a symphyllia brain, and a few more fish (bi color pseudo, algae blenny, one of his old blue damsels.
what i failed to report here was that the tank had a massive green water outbreak. i tried waterchanges and it just got worse. i tried shutting off the lights for a few days, but as soon as i turned them back on...whamo! green water again. it was so bad, it looked like one of those green light sticks.
i ended up adding a uv sterilizer, and it was gone in 3 days. i'm not into uv's for reefs, but this tank is a bit different. a few people have their hands in it. i'm gonna keep the uv on.

mie

Sounds like an alage bloom, That is such a hard thing to get rid of, I delt with it on a freshwater years ago.

snakeblitz33

you might want to ask for an extra few bucks each month if you could feed the fish yourself. That would save a lot of heartache.
My last account I had threw in 30 damsels and two tomato clowns on top of a sailfin tang, flame angel, purple pseudochromis, pink spotted goby, engineer goby, candy stripe cardinal, ocellaris clown, and a few others. (225g tank). Then they made the tank snow in flake food six times a day (keeping the fish fed) and when the tank broke out in a serious case of cyanobacteria they blammed it on me, and I lost that account. After I had advised them not to do that and that the tank needed more funding etc. etc.
Oh well, good luck to yah! Taking care of aquariums in businesses is a PITA.