Stylophora

mrdc

Goy a 3-4" purple ora stylophora today. I currently have it on the sand bed and under light current. Besides good light, ca and alk, is there anything else I should know about it's care. I really hope this thing grows well because it is awesome looking.

mrdc

I had a feeling someone might ask for pics. The lights are off now so the pics will have to wait until tomrrow.

mrdc

I just have it under 2x150w metal halides and 3x96w actinics. Do you think I move the stylo up?

spanko

Treat is as all Pocilloporidae family, strong water flow, strong lighting clean water at natural seawater chemistry and an occasional broadcast feeding of plankton foods and they will prosper.

mrdc

Current ... check
Lighting ... I hope check but may have to move up
Parameters ... great
Plankton ... bought last night

mrdc

I plan to target feed the stylo today. SInce I have never fed plankton before, how much are you supposed to feed? The stuff came with directions but nothing was stated about the amount to use. It just stated to feed according to bioload.

mrdc

Still trying to get a better pic after I cleaned the glass. It really appears to like the planktion that I have been feeding it.

spanko

Careful with the plankton though. Try not to overfeed the tank with it. Once or twice a week should be plenty for the Stylo and when you feed try to target feed the coral instead of just dumping it in the tank. It will still disperse but try to get it contained around the coral first so they can grab on to what they can. Phyto can cause problems with water quality if overused.