Suicide attempt by pink tube anemone

meowzer

WELL.....This morning when I came back here to check my tank.....the Pink tube anemone apparently tried to committ suicide

I have had it sine March 2010 and it has never moved.....last night it took a stroll right to a powerhead......THANKFULLY my husband was home so he was able to help me get it and re-set it in place......I placed a new little carbon baggie in the sump....JIC
Just got home from work....and here it is...It has quite a few less tentacles, and some look kinda singed....BUT it's open and alive....I think tonight I will turn that PH off

meowzer

Who knows.....I'm going to unplug the PH before I go to bed tonight though.....JIC it gets even dumber since it has so few tentacles....LOL
was your bta ok?

1snapple

it's not that they are stupid. it's that they aren't smart.
Although... with such a difficult name you would think they would be more intelligent

gill again68

Well meowzer, its about time yours moved. Mine took a swim to the back of the tank just a week or so into me getting it. It had been there up to a week ago. I come home and its almost back in the spot I had it originally. Then I go to work to make it a home. 2 days later I find it wedged between a rock and the glass on the other side of the tank. So I carefully move it again making it a home. Next morning I check the tank and its on its way to the back of the tank again. I think mine loves the dark

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill again68 http:///forum/thread/382744/suicide-attempt-by-pink-tube-anemone#post_3342675
Well meowzer, its about time yours moved. Mine took a swim to the back of the tank just a week or so into me getting it. It had been there up to a week ago. I come home and its almost back in the spot I had it originally. Then I go to work to make it a home. 2 days later I find it wedged between a rock and the glass on the other side of the tank. So I carefully move it again making it a home. Next morning I check the tank and its on its way to the back of the tank again. I think mine loves the dark

LOL...they funny thing is....even though it looks a little "shredded"...it has been open full and flowing since this happened...YAYY
I turned off the bottom PH last night though....JIC....BUT it stayed put

gill again68

Mine was on the move again today. Its back to the original spot. Only thing I can figure is it must be female. Wasn't gonna be happy until it was its idea.