Sump purchase?

cj7eagle

that is where i had my holes drilled. thinking about it now, i dont see why you cant just have two pieces of glass/plexiglass seperated with a 3/4" gap.
the skimmer chamber is the same as the intake. I dont see any advantage of getting rid of it.

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by SeR_Cyclops
how do you match up the pump to the overflow box also this is a really good question and i would like to know also.
SeR, I posted on your thread pictures of my 65. If you have the reef ready pre-drilled standard 65, it has an overflow of 600 gph. With that overflow, you cant have a pump that pumps at a higher rate than that.
Therefore, you can have a pump up to around 700 gph, because with head loss you will be less than the overflow. I had a Rio 1700+ and upgraded to a Mag7. I definitely recommend the Mag7.

ser_cyclops

i got a steal on a 65 gal 65 bucks and its glass with no holes so i think my only option is to get a HOB overflow unless i can get them drilled somewhere? can you even drill glass? and how big would the holes have to be?

newbieabc

Ok then!! Thansk for all your help. I'm currently gathering the money for this for my 56 gallon reef tank. I might have to sell something on ----..(Can i say that?) Yeah, well i'll let you know when i get one and how it turns out!!!
Thanks once again,
Austin!!!

cj7eagle

Originally Posted by newbieABC
Ok then!! Thansk for all your help. I'm currently gathering the money for this for my 56 gallon reef tank. I might have to sell something on ----..(Can i say that?) Yeah, well i'll let you know when i get one and how it turns out!!!
Thanks once again,
Austin!!!
good luck, let us know how it works out. If you need any help, your best bet is to pm me as i dont check these boards too often anymore.