sun coral

prowake

A week and a half. one thing I noticed is that circles increase in size during the night but there are no tenticals.WAter quality Nitrate 20 ammonia .50 nitrite 0 ithought the water in my tank was really good guess not Um I change 10 gallons once a week any suggestions? and can you also tell me a way to get my sun coral flurishing .

oceana

Originally Posted by PROWAKE
A week and a half. one thing I noticed is that circles increase in size during the night but there are no tenticals.WAter quality Nitrate 20 ammonia .50 nitrite 0 ithought the water in my tank was really good guess not Um I change 10 gallons once a week any suggestions? and can you also tell me a way to get my sun coral flurishing .

sorry to say but your sun coral in most cases will be a goner. mater w fact any coral in the tank is in for some trouble. you should have NOTHING in a tank only a week old.
do lots of reading in the forums and start of right.

wangotango

that cup idea is great! i dont know why i havent thought of that before. ive been feeding mine with a turkey baster while the pump is off. its pretty direct, but a lot goes all over the place. i'll give that a try next feeding. ive already posted some pics of mine, so i dont want to again.
yours looks beautiful

prowake

my tank is 2 years old the coral has only been in there a week misuderstanding.
Do you have any suggestions now that you know more

oceana

my tank is 2 years old the coral has only been in there a week misuderstanding.
Do you have any suggestions now that you know more

give me your wind surfer and i'll tell ya lol. or atleast i think thats what that is standing on the wall next to your tank

oceana

thats my surf board. 6'0 custom shaped got like a mouth ago ts real fun
i used to ride short boards. my fish was my favorite, super fast and would cut just about anything i wanted it to

prowake

I think were I live there are a little better waves so a fish is something u use in little waves jk. i have a 6'2 swallow tail by surf percription its fun just a little big. do u have any advice

adrock16

Oceana
The cup method should work with zoos,button polyps,green eyes,green star polyps and mushrooms right?

oceana

I think were I live there are a little better waves so a fish is something u use in little waves jk. i have a 6'2 swallow tail by surf percription its fun just a little big. do u have any advice

haha well your right. big for us is like 10 foot. normal is only around 6-8 little but hey thats what we get. atleast they are fast movers so that helps add alot of fun. its been years and years for me

prowake

I surf a breake called trestles about 3 times a week its fun a well knoe, so I see some pros out there so i have a blast.

fishieness

Originally Posted by adrock16
Oceana
The cup method should work with zoos,button polyps,green eyes,green star polyps and mushrooms right?
it will work, but it is unecessary, IMO, to feed any of those.

fisherson

i got a sun coral about 2 weeks ago and usually feed my fish at about 7pm every day. Tonight was the first time that the sun coral ever came out. I didn't see them come out comepletely but they came out. There not in a high flow but more of a low/moderate. I think there adapting to the feedding schedule because it's the first time i ever saw them come out and it was during the lighting hours. I wish i had a pic....there awesome! Mine are yellow.

oceana

Originally Posted by Bronco300
hey oceana, would you mind getting a close up picture of your substrate? thanks!
Luke
sure but its nothing special. just fiji pink araganite. cost a bit much IMO but i love it. very nice white with a great gain size. alot of people that come over and see pics ask about my sand. why?
i will take a pic when i get home

bronco300

well i have no idea about why others do it....but i ask because when i see pictures of your tank your sand is always so amazing looking, and so i wondered how fine yours is, etc. :joy:

drew2005

Im about to buy one of these for my reef. My LFS has a few nice frags they are selling for $40. Is this is a good price? I buy alot of stuff from there so i can probably get it for cheaper. This is definitely a beautiful coral. Does it need to be drip acclimated or temperature acclimated?

oceana

Originally Posted by drew2005
Im about to buy one of these for my reef. My LFS has a few nice frags they are selling for $40. Is this is a good price? I buy alot of stuff from there so i can probably get it for cheaper. This is definitely a beautiful coral. Does it need to be drip acclimated or temperature acclimated?

depending on size that maybe good. one around softball size like the one i have in the above pick cost around 60 average around here