Super glue not working, how do you attatch your chili corals?

kilofey

Super glue will only hold my chili in place for a few weeks at most. Is there a better way? Im about ready to sell the thing cause its really annoying.

geoj

I have had a hard time with Kenya Tree and Ricordea because they will slime up. What I do is dry off the frag and then glue it so there, is room for the coral to slide its foot and attach to the rock. The other way was to tie it loosely and wait till it attaches. My favorite way is to put it on the sand till it attaches to some of the rubble then glue the sand to the rock.

snakeblitz33

Chili corals are soft corals - super glue gel kinda burns them - it makes their bodies more difficult to attach to a rock.
I use a small loose rubber band around it and attach it to a rock. When I can visibly see that it is attached, I then cut the rubber band off.
Some people have had success with tying it to a rock with fishing line as well. But, I like the loose rubberband the most. If the rubber band is tight between the stocks - it will force the coral to attach AND split into two corals. Just something to keep in mind.

snakeblitz33

Yeah, with mushrooms it is much easier to lay them in a plastic or glass bowl with some crushed coral gravel in the bottom of it - and just lay them in there.
I don't think that would work quite as easily with a chili coral or a kenya though.
Usually those kind of corals are bought with it already attached to a rock... did it come loose or did you buy it without a rock?

kilofey

I bought it without a rock :-/ I tried a rubber band but it choked the end off, now I have a little baby chili nub lol (obviously I did it too tight). Never thought of looping the arms through the rubber band, thats a good idea, I just put it on the end. Ill search around the house for a big rubber band, thanks snake :hi:

meowzer

What I did with my Leather frags was....I took a toothpick....inserted one end in the bottom of the coral....then puttied (with aquastik or something similar) the other end to a rock...or a clam shell
after a while they grew together

geoj

What I did with my Leather frags was....I took a toothpick....inserted one end in the bottom of the coral....then puttied (with aquastik or something similar) the other end to a rock...or a clam shell
after a while they grew together
That's a good idea right there :t^:

ronaldwilliams

I am a painter and very well know the color of the worlds. The Chili Coral's red colors are a beautiful addition to any well established reef tank. The white polyps on red brings a unique look to any aquarium. Chili Corals are from the Indo Pacific and are found in lagoons where strong tidal currents occur.

portraits from photos