Super gluing down mushrooms??

mxkris

Hey guys, like another post I saw on here, I have some shrooms that unattached from my rock and are floating around on my subtrate..
They both have attached themselves to a piece of crushed coral so no longer have a way to stick to something.. instead of the shot glass trick or rubber banding them, can I pick them up, remove the piece of subtrate they're attached to.. and use a gel based super glue to put them back on the rock?
I wanna get them up back on their rock because I have a new GBTA on the move right now!
Thanks in advance!

spanko

Leave attached to the substrate. Glue the substrate to the rock. Super glue on a mushroom does not work almost all of the time. They will slime and just slide off the glue.

rlablan

I have been having the same problem. I have tried EVERYTHING!! I have tried rubberbanding them, glueing with two types of glues... gel and some watery stuff, and then I also tried to place one underneath a large shell in the tank, hoping it would weigh it down and it would attach...
Now it's in my fuge, on a rock. Hope it stays... we shall see.

spanko

If the shroom is not attached to anything put it on what you want it to attach to and cover loosely with a pc. of netting. Within about a week it should be good to go.

scopus tang

Personally, I prefer to use this method to attach the mushroom to substrate, then superglue the substrate directly to the rock in the location I desire (as stated by Henry). I found that the rubberband method often fails or cuts the mushroom in half, and the wedding veil for me too frequently causes the shroom to melt.

rlablan

What is that little cup thing that you're using in your picture there?
I too have issues with the mesh and rubber bands. I lost a bunch of really cool shrooms trying to frag then and band/mesh them. They are loosened themselves and disappeared.

truperc

rlablan;3202361 said:
QUOTE]
looks like a plastic cup they scissored up for this purpose....good idea

cajonez

I agree with the cup idea. I used a small tupperware container with a peice on LR rubble in it. It took a while, but to this day, the mushroom is still attached to the same rock.

meowzer

Originally Posted by cajonez
http:///forum/post/3203609
I agree with the cup idea. I used a small tupperware container with a peice on LR rubble in it. It took a while, but to this day, the mushroom is still attached to the same rock.
OK...I don't get it!!!! I have an orange ric that was knocked off it's rock....I have had it in a small container with LR rubble for 2 weeks now.....it is NOT attached

What can I do now?

scopus tang

TruPerc;3202417 said:
Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3202361
QUOTE]
looks like a plastic cup they scissored up for this purpose....good idea
Correct - thank you, although I can't claim to be the originator of the idea.
Originally Posted by meowzer

http:///forum/post/3203613
OK...I don't get it!!!! I have an orange ric that was knocked off it's rock....I have had it in a small container with LR rubble for 2 weeks now.....it is NOT attached

What can I do now?
Let it be, two weeks is not that long, it will attach when its ready - you may need to move the container around into different flow areas till it finds one it likes. Just make sure you don't put it somewhere where the flow floats it out of the container.

rlablan

I made a little cup thingy for myself that very night and I added a red shroom and a medium sized frag of Devil's hand that I also had trouble getting to stay attached.
So far, it's working great! Thank you so much for that picture.... Made things HUGELY easier.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3203902
I made a little cup thingy for myself that very night and I added a red shroom and a medium sized frag of Devil's hand that I also had trouble getting to stay attached.
So far, it's working great! Thank you so much for that picture.... Made things HUGELY easier.

You are more than welcome - glad I was able to help.

mxkris

Well my gluing went well for my first attempt at anything like that. Just super glued the little piece of subtrate they were on to my LR and now my colony looks full again. I still have a little plug with two purple shrooms on it if anyone is interested.. Pictures if needed...