Super Skimmer Or Kent?

sign guy

In Your Opinion Witch Skimmer Is Better For 180 Gallon Reef. A Supper Skimmer 225 Or A Nautilus Ex 24

joncat24

that was what I narrowed my two choices down too and decided on the ss220. the kent is massive and requires a seperate pump. It basically came down to $$$ and the ss220 is awesome..

mudplayerx

I have the Coralife Super Skimmer on my 55 gallon and it produces a cup of skimmate every 1-2 days. It was cheap too (under $100).

sign guy

dose any have experince with a skimmer better than these two It is my next buy and I want the best

acrylic51

Neither.......ASM, EuroReef if you want a good needlewheel skimmer or if you have the cash a Deltec.....MRC or Austin Oceans for Beckett skimmers..... Don't skimp

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Neither.......ASM, EuroReef if you want a good needlewheel skimmer or if you have the cash a Deltec.....MRC or Austin Oceans for Beckett skimmers..... Don't skimp
Coralife makes a great needlewheel. Have you tried the Super Skimmer line? The local pet store uses them as well on all of their coral stock tanks.

sign guy

Originally Posted by acrylic51
what do you use shawn
oh great skimmer king

gen1dustin

I am also in the market for a new skimmer. I've been thinking maybe the Euro-Reef or the Aqua Medic TurboFlotor. Anyone know anything about the turboflotor?

lion_crazz

I like the Deltec a lot. If you do not have that much cash, I love ETSS skimmers. If you want to go cheaper than that, I do like Coralife also.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by Gen1Dustin
Anyone know anything about the turboflotor?
Good but does not perform as well as the CLSS125 and cost twice as much if your talking about the multi (as does the in sump model by the time you buy the pump).
AquaC remora's dont perform nearly as well as CLSS or turboflotors. If you want an AquaC that performs as good as the hype look into the EV series. Not that anything is wrong with the remoras but they are only good for small to moderate size tanks with small bioloads.

chipmaker

When it comes to skimmers I do not try and skimp and go with the best.....
A Sea Clone is the only way to go.......

My next choice would be a coralife super skimmer. If it removes good dark black brown junk continually, and water parameters check fine, corals all do great, fish are healthy, I just can not see what is gained by throwing more money at a skimmer that costs 5x the amont a CSS does.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by chipmaker
When it comes to skimmers I do not try and skimp and go with the best.....
A Sea Clone is the only way to go.......

Yep, a SeaClone is a quality skimmer. Also, don't forget about Prizms! They are great.