sure am glad MI not playing for the title.

sig45

See it looks as in this case the BCS voting went in the right direction, MI looses again, Florida vs Ohio state is a great pick for the national Championship game, on that note how about Boise state and their undefeated season.

ruaround

yup... the BCS kind of got it right... what happens now if Ohio State loses??? does BSU get a share of the title???
i was sick of hearing about BSU, now its even worse... living here in Boise its the ONLY thing that local news and radio are talking about, and this will go on for atleast the month of Jan... dont get me wrong, its great for BSU's program and great for our community, but the hype, trash talk and media coverage is getting old... one of our local radio stations even changed the name of their station from "The Eagle" to "The Bronco"... this makes me wanna ...

youmademeink

Originally Posted by sig45
See it looks as in this case the BCS voting went in the right direction, MI looses again, Florida vs Ohio state is a great pick for the national Championship game, on that note how about Boise state and their undefeated season.

If you honestly knew anything or watched any of the regular season Michigan games, you would realize that the Michigan team that played last night WAS NOT the same Michigan team that played in earlier games of the season. Anyone who knows about Michigan football knows they are a defensive team and last night, their defense was not playing.

jmick

Originally Posted by YouMadeMeInk
If you honestly knew anything or watched any of the regular season Michigan games, you would realize that the Michigan team that played last night WAS NOT the same Michigan team that played in earlier games of the season. Anyone who knows about Michigan football knows they are a defensive team and last night, their defense was not playing.

I tend to agree, having all of that time off got them out of sync.

sig45

i understand that, but at the same time, USC had the same chance to get out of sink, it all came down to wanting it, MI did not want it, or they would of showed up.

sig45

Originally Posted by YouMadeMeInk
btw, show some respect, you don't know me, so don't tell me if i honestly knew something............

youmademeink

I agree with the fact taht they didn't want it as bad as USC and it showed. I was just wondering why, I happen to think it's too much partying and too much time off. Really bites for us Michigan fans. And I completly agree about when Tampa won their dang superbowl, it's was beyond annoying. (I lived in Orlando at the time.)

rbrockm1

i am a buckeye fan and hate MI but i know MI could have played better. But the funny thing is they played in USC stadium and USC warm weather. I would like to see USC play in MI, in the cold weather. USC had an unfair advantage. it was a home game for them. they played on that field all year. I say USC play MI in MI. i bet it would be a diff game

rbrockm1

i think if you put Ohio state, FL, MI, USC, or any BIG TEN or SEC team up against BSU they would have been destroyed. Nothing agaisnt OU fans but i don't think OU was as good as people thought nor was BSU schedule all that difficult.

rbrockm1

ANother thing is BSU had a chip on their shoulders. they played with fire and passoin. put then in a neutral situation were its talent(BSU) vs talent(OSU),the OSU talent would. BSU felt like they needed to prove something, thats the only difference. they choked in the 4th quarter and got lucky.

sig45

Florida has the 12th toughest schedule in the country.
Ohio State has the 40th toughest schedule.
BSU has the 100th toughest schedule.

sig45

theres this debate if Florida wins who should be Champ, Should it be Boise state, I think not, i feel they won their game for the up coming seasons, Maybe it could be a consideration if they beat OU by 30 or something like that but they won by 1 point, other then that none of their other games were anything great.

ackermsb

Just because BSU had the 100th toughest schedule in the country it doesnt mean that it wasn't one of the best football games thats ever been played. It was unreal!!! The hook and ladder actually working!!! The Statue of LIberty R U KIDDING ME!!! I'm glad I stayed up and watched it

sig45

im not saying it was not a great game cause it was, im talking about the debate among some, saying what if florida wins, should BSU be number 1, im saying no because they have not played as a number 1 team.

cubsfan

talk about killing my new year
. They just looked flat on all parts of the game. Then again I did say Michigan had a good chance of losing that game. michigan cannot win the big games, look at their rose bowl record for the last 5 years. Next year they lose several people from the defense and that is going to hurt. USC is really going to be good next year with the younger team they have.

Winner of OSU/Florida is the national champ, period. Look at who they played! If you give Boise a share of the title, it will send the message to all the big teams to schedule nothing but guaranteed wins out of conference.
As for Michigan, they blew it, no excuses. I blame Lloyd Carr. The joke is going to change from Tennessee to Michigan "What does marijauna and ... have in common? They both get smoked in bowls!"

scubadoo

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
i am a buckeye fan and hate MI but i know MI could have played better. But the funny thing is they played in USC stadium and USC warm weather. I would like to see USC play in MI, in the cold weather. USC had an unfair advantage. it was a home game for them. they played on that field all year. I say USC play MI in MI. i bet it would be a diff game
USC does not use the Rose Bowl as thier home field. THey play in the LA Coliseum. UCLA plays in the Rose Bowl as their homefield.
Michigan had time to prepare make changes in offense/defense schemes etc. The better team won the game in my opinion.
Most bowl games are warm weather and/or dome stadium games. Michigan has no excuse IMO.