sure am glad MI not playing for the title.

ackermsb

I agree that winner of Florida OU is national champ however I would love to see and 8 team playoff. and Boise St would be in Semi's. Whose to say they couldnt win. And who wouldnt watch the Semi final game. A bowl championship tourney would be AWESOME!!!

pontius

if the buttercup teams like Boise State want respect and recognition, they have to play more than 2 decent teams a year. they beat a mediocre Oregon State team and an Oklahoma team, neither of which should be ranked better than 20th. Oklahoma played a WR as their starting QB all year and Adrian Peterson has only played 6 games (the bowl was his first game back). if they had their original QB and Peterson had been healthy all year, that game would not have been close. when BSU played a legitimate SEC team in Georgia last year, we saw what happened. any SEC team other than Vandy and the 2 Mississippi schools would handle BSU quite easily.
Florida, on the other hand, has had one of the toughest schedules in the country. if I'm not mistaken, 8 or 9 of their opponents went on to bowl games, and most of them won. everybody seems to assume OSU is going to win the game, but imo, it's a toss up. SEC teams don't get the respect because they pound on each other every week and therefore don't look as good as they actually are. I would not be surprised at all for Florida to beat OSU. and if they do, they are the champs. if they don't, OSU are the champs. but Michigan and BSU can shut up because neither of them proved anything.

ruaround

Originally Posted by Pontius
if the buttercup teams like Boise State want respect and recognition, they have to play more than 2 decent teams a year. they beat a mediocre Oregon State team and an Oklahoma team, neither of which should be ranked better than 20th. Oklahoma played a WR as their starting QB all year and Adrian Peterson has only played 6 games (the bowl was his first game back). if they had their original QB and Peterson had been healthy all year, that game would not have been close. when BSU played a legitimate SEC team in Georgia last year, we saw what happened. any SEC team other than Vandy and the 2 Mississippi schools would handle BSU quite easily.
i wouldnt call BSU a "buttercup" team... they played an easy schedule... they beat every team... the only game that was close in the regular season was the SJ State game...
OU won the Big 12... OU made mistakes... BSU capitolized on the oppertunities... AD couldnt make it through BSUs front four... OU had ALL of their starters on D and one of the best line backers in 1-AA (Rufus Alexander)... BSU burned the D several times...
I watch just about every BSU game and heckle my buddies with the same statements you made... IMO had BSU played in a BCS conference they would have not gone undefeated... can they play with the "big dogs"... they proved they could in 1 game... but week in and week out i dont think so...
also... the so called "trick plays" or "gadget plays" that won BSU the game... they run these all the time... infact when Hawkins was the head coach you would see 3 to 6 of these a game... Peterson used em 1 to 3 times a game... he ran the WIERDEST formation i have ever seen this year... a wide out to the right... 8 players to the left sideline including the QB... on the ball was ONLY the center and a WR standing 3 yards behind the center... the center snapped the ball to the WR on THE RIGHT... he ran for a TD...