SWF doesn't want my money?

D

dayna

Originally Posted by ladylostinsalt
I don't know since I'm so new here (to this forum), I know that when we used to ship fresh halibut and salmon home to family members we would use Delta Dash, and it was 12 hours delivery in either direction?????
Yeah it works great. I use express mail to ship ducks and chickens and they get here in about 12-24 hours.
When I have fish shipped up on the airline to my store (I stock bettas and such, and occasionally order saltwater for my tank) they drop it off at the airport at 6pm, and I generally don't get it flown in till 2 to 6pm the next day. So frequently they sit there for 24 hours.

I hate to say it but King Crab is probably more expensive here then in some places in the lower 48, I don't know why but it is. Not to mention Gas still isn't as low as it is in some of the lower states either. I thnk we're still hanging out at around 1.25 gal.

eaglewonj

Originally Posted by dayna
Since north america is one large continent, then quite frankly we are part of the continental US. LOL
Use that agrument. They need to say contiguous 48 states. :)
True, all in the details of the wording.
Continental....north american continent includes Alaska and they brag about shipping there..... well see what they say in email, no point getting fully upset unless they refuse even after talking in email.

I live about 10-15 minutes from the airport, so that wouldn't be a killer for me. LOL, but that doesn't seem to be doing me much good this time around. I have emailed SWF directly, so I'm just waiting on a reply from them now. Tick Tock tick tock!***sound of Jeapardy ringing in my ears***

I hate to say it but King Crab is probably more expensive here then in some places in the lower 48, I don't know why but it is. Not to mention Gas still isn't as low as it is in some of the lower states either. I thnk we're still hanging out at around 1.25 gal.
Gas out here is like 2.67 a gallon haha.

Originally Posted by eaglewonj
True, all in the details of the wording.
Continental....north american continent includes Alaska and they brag about shipping there..... well see what they say in email, no point getting fully upset unless they refuse even after talking in email.
Oh I'm not upset yet...LOL, just confused

alyssia

$1.25? It hasn't been below $2.00 here in ages.

Originally Posted by alyssia
$1.25? It hasn't been below $2.00 here in ages.
You got me, I meant $2.25, I don't see it ever going below 2.00, at least not in my lifetime. Somebody somewhere is getting rich, and it sure isn't me!
Just think of all the LR I could buy, if gas was under 2.00, I'm doing the math now......!

alyssia

You got me, I meant $2.25, I don't see it ever going below 2.00, at least not in my lifetime. Somebody somewhere is getting rich, and it sure isn't me!
Just think of all the LR I could buy, if gas was under 2.00, I'm doing the math now......!

Yeah, really!

Originally Posted by MaddestHatter
I remember when it was like 1.57 a gallon :(. I spend about 28 bucks every week and a half filling up. :(
I know the feeling, I don't think that I have completly filled up my Tahoe since I bought her in 2003. But living here with the Alaskan eliments, I can't see downgrading to a smaller vehicle. I carry my children, my dogs, etc, and I want the safest thing available, thats where my good ole dependable Chevy comes in. Dang the gas prices anyway!

I know the feeling, I don't think that I have completly filled up my Tahoe since I bought her in 2003. But living here with the Alaskan eliments, I can't see downgrading to a smaller vehicle. I carry my children, my dogs, etc, and I want the safest thing available, thats where my good ole dependable Chevy comes in. Dang the gas prices anyway!

Yeah I gotta get my car looked at I bought a 95' Subaru Legacy station wagon it should be getting good gas mileage but its only getting like 19-22 city mpg. I bought it because I could fit my great dane in it.

H

huskychasrs

*Link Removed*
They have other shipping options.
If this works for ya we may need to arrange a Kokanee shipment for me :happyfish

Originally Posted by MaddestHatter
Yeah I gotta get my car looked at I bought a 95' Subaru Legacy station wagon it should be getting good gas mileage but its only getting like 19-22 city mpg. I bought it because I could fit my great dane in it.
That must be quite the sight! I have 5 dogs, so a Subaru wouldn't quite cut it for me, not even a Forrester. Two of my dogs are pretty big, an Aussie and a lab, Basset Hound, ShiTzu,and Chihuahua.
City miles are hard miles, 22 mpg probably isn't too bad?

That must be quite the sight! I have 5 dogs, so a Subaru wouldn't quite cut it for me, not even a Forrester. Two of my dogs are pretty big, an Aussie and a lab, Basset Hound, ShiTzu,and Chihuahua.
City miles are hard miles, 22 mpg probably isn't too bad?
I guess just hoped for more I guess lol.

Originally Posted by huskychasrs
*Link Removed*
They have other shipping options.
If this works for ya we may need to arrange a Kokanee shipment for me :happyfish
Thanks, I'll check it out right now....I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks, I'll check it out right now....I'll let you know what I find out.
Ok, so I tried calling them but they're closed. So I followed up with an email. I checked out some of their prices and they're not too far off from those here.
I wonder why you were allowed to post that link when that is usually a no-no in this forum? Are they related in some way? Thanks again, I will reply once I get an answer, it will probably be tomorrow. Looks like there is about a 4 hour time difference.

H

huskychasrs

^Didn't think about posting a competiors link. Oh well you got it.

Maybe the Mods are feeling bad for me because so far I am unable to order from this site. I sill haven't recieved an email, but I understand I am not the only one sending emails. I'm only special in MY Fantasy, nobody elses! :)

Originally Posted by huskychasrs
^Didn't think about posting a competiors link. Oh well you got it.
well I got an email from the other guys and they will ship to Alaska, I'd rather spend my money here but it doesn't look like they're too worried about it. Maybe some other time