SWF order

monsinour

Didn't know where else to put this so I am putting it here.
I received my order today at 12:15 and proceded to open everything up and take a good look. Just like last time, 1 of the 2 pepps perrished in the journy up here and again they were teeny tiny little things. Looks like I am going to have another pepp live in my sump for a month or 2 again. The emerald crab was missing a leg or 2. I didnt pay for an adopted crab, but I got one anyway. The cheato was more than enough for my sump and it looked like it didnt have any pods on it but thats ok. The copepods were delivered in a different package and it looked like there were fewer of them in there. The one thing I was worried about looks to be here in perfect health, the mandarin. S/He is very colourful and very vibrant. Seems to be just chillin during aclimation.
So I have come to a conclusion. I will no longer be purchasing fish or inverts from online resellers. Coral seems to do much better in shipping. I am not blaming SWF for the shipping of inverts and not arriving alive. These shrimp are barely bigger than a penny and its no wonder that they didnt survive being tossed around and whatnot. I will post back pics of the mandarin once he is introduced into the tank.

2quills

Yeah I've never actually ordered anything live online before simply because I like to see what I'm purchasing. I have always been under the impression though that winter time and summer time are probably the worst times of the year to try and make online purchases like this for obvious reasons. I'm sure the pods will multiply like crazy once you get them in the sump with the algae. Good luck with the mandarin, they are pretty cool fish if you get a good one that acclimates well.

monsinour

The mandarin is hanging out on the rocks checking out all the other fish. S/He wasnt fazed when the skunk came over to clean it. I would imagine it will take a few hours to maybe a day before s/he is back to its usual self.
The pepps were soooo tiny that I doubt they would have survived any other kind of shipping. I fed the dead one to the tank and the wrasse and gramma made it a snack.

meowzer

HMMM...I have orderd peps many times and although they are small, I have had a much better success rate.
ALSO was the emeralds legs in the bag? just wondering if they lost it in shipping...

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/386433/swf-order#post_3394319
HMMM...I have orderd peps many times and although they are small, I have had a much better success rate.
ALSO was the emeralds legs in the bag? just wondering if they lost it in shipping...
Legs were not in the bag at all. Either you or Flower recently ordered pepps from here not to long ago. Your pepps were much much larger than what I got. This is the second time I got pepps and its also the second time my FW cherry shrimp were larger. Thats just not right.

monsinour

Roy, my wife named him, came to the front, sort of. this is a;ong the side of the tank.

I took these pics with my phone so I apologize for the poor quality.