T5 Lighting !!

klbjr

has anyone tried the t5ho lighting yet? they are saying its better than anything on the market including mh. three to four times brighter than vho and less power! :eek: :eek: :eek:

klbjr

thanks logan15, did the search and sounds like they are still not widely available yet!! they sound pretty cool to me. thanks for the help!!

eng50

Look for a fellow on this board Timsedwards, he has them, and is a great guy to talk to..
I believe his experience with them has been good, he reports possibly too much light!!
Imagine that!
Bill

eng50

As far as I understand at this point they are not available in the US, you have to get them mail order from the UK..Hopefully they will be here soon, they sound awesome!!
Bill

col

Whaaaaatttttttt
We have something in UK that you don't have over there?????
I bet you still get it cheaper in the end tho!

broncofish

Actually it's here, and has been for a while, as far as ballast and endcaps. I still like the VHO better on my 29g so I went back to it. I have pics comparing the 2(look back 1 page in this forum). Workhorse ballasts support T5 lights, and there are now a couple places in the states that sell the bulbs. Best advantage, they are pretty cheap. I might giv them a try again over my 90g.

klbjr

yes, thank you bang guy! i have heard that icecap was testing t5 as we speak and that they have the icecap endcaps for the t5 also!!