Tang Fight Video!!!

reef diver

IT would look cool, if one fish was james bond or something, fighting and tank health DO NOT MIX! Hey, those fish are fighting i think they are happy! :) Say somethin to ya.

reefkprz

what irks me is the person holding the camera didn't try and stop the fight...
hey lets video tape this while our fish try and kill each other.. all cool points went right out the window.

techrider6

It did not look like they hurt each other and you can't really stop them.
No matter what you do they will go right back to it.
techrider62

reefkprz

Originally Posted by techrider6
It did not look like they hurt each other and you can't really stop them.
No matter what you do they will go right back to it.
techrider62
the usual method woud be seperation of the agressor and victim... I'd love to see them try to "go right back to it" as you put it, from two seperate aquariums.
even small cuts can lead to nasty infections. just because damage wasnt evident on the video doesnt mean that there is none. remember those scalples are like razors, and designed to do damage.
of course the question does remain, was that just the usual introduction hazing or is it developed aggression? if its new fish hazing they may get over it in short order, if its developed aggression there is a good chance it will continue untill the weaker of the two dies.

watson3

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
what irks me is the person holding the camera didn't try and stop the fight...
hey lets video tape this while our fish try and kill each other.. all cool points went right out the window.
Yet he got you to watch it

techrider6

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
the usual method woud be seperation of the agressor and victim... I'd love to see them try to "go right back to it" as you put it, from two seperate aquariums.
even small cuts can lead to nasty infections. just because damage wasnt evident on the video doesnt mean that there is none. remember those scalples are like razors, and designed to do damage.
of course the question does remain, was that just the usual introduction hazing or is it developed aggression? if its new fish hazing they may get over it in short order, if its developed aggression there is a good chance it will continue untill the weaker of the two dies.
Sorry i said anything
Techrider62

30-xtra high

umm... maybe ur thinkin angels, cause i've seen hundreds of tanks with a cuple yellows, scopas, hippos,ect... and they're fine

oceanists

Originally Posted by reefreak29
ty for sharing this is proof that tangs of the same species
should not be kept together
read again

acrylic300

Originally Posted by Squishy
That was cool. and I don't care if I get flamed. Thanks for the entertaining post.
Thank!!!
They are fighting over this new live rock I put in...all fights revolve around it....its about a 10 gal area in a 300 gal tank.

I've raised all the fish from babies...when they were young they did some serious damage. Now they are mostly putting on a show.
Sorry if I offended anyone...this is not the normal behavior. The rock is making them greedy.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
umm... maybe ur thinkin angels, cause i've seen hundreds of tanks with a cuple yellows, scopas, hippos,ect... and they're fine
no im thinking tangs ty

30-xtra high

are you saying you've never seen tanks with a cuple yellows doing just fine? :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: