Tang has bacterial infection, NOT LOOKING GOOD

cam78

Will Mardel coppersafe treat this? Its the only thing I have right now. I know Maracyn-2 is best but Im not sure if I can get it right away. Brown blotches on him and losing color. And on top of this I gotta try to catch him to put in hospital....UGHHH. How did this happen, he was SO healthy!!

cam78

Is this usually contagious and deadly?
Could this be treated with garlic and quality supplements? Or is this a hospital tank thing. More importantly is it contagious?

cam78

OK, im retarded, Its made by Maradel and its called Maracyn-oxy. Gotta go to work soon so I think Im just gonna go get it. Getting desperate

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a picture of this fish? Water readings in the tank? Is your quranatine cycled? Size of tank and other fish tank mates?

cam78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/391484/tang-has-bacterial-infection-not-looking-good#post_3472022
Can you post a picture of this fish? Water readings in the tank? Is your quranatine cycled? Size of tank and other fish tank mates?
Really don't have time for pic right now. Its brown blotches which I saw online it is a bacterial thing that usually clears up with Medication. Its a 120 reef hippo, anthinas, mandarin, clowns, and sixline. The QT has been used before but I just filled it with tank water and put a powerhead in it with a air stone. Not sure what I would be cycling, its a empty tank with tank water. My readings are good. 0 trates, 0.2 phos, no ites, 0 ammonia.