Tang ID please

egill

Bought this guy about 3 months ago and can't really find any info on him. Would help if I had a proper name I guess LOL.

Not a great picture but he's pretty shy and hides when you walk up to the tank. He's about 6 inches long and I have him in my 240g.
thanks!!

egill

Did a search and that's not it. Thanks though.
Dussumieri Tang is closer to what mine looks like. Need to get a better picture of mine.

S

smartorl

To me, he looks like the

[hr]
love child of a powder brown and a tomingi...........

egill

That's the best one I could get for now. The flash makes him alot darker then he his. Can't really see his makings on his body or the light strip he has on the top of his body by his dorsel fin.

scott t

Looks to me that it might be a Variant of the Eye Line Tang that is lacking the Blue and Yellow? Check them out and see what you think!!!

aquaknight

Originally Posted by 2Quills
http:///forum/post/3292218
That looks like a Fowler's Tang to me.
Good guess, very close, though it's a relative to a Fowler's.
The fish is a Bariene tang, aka Black-Spot tang -- Acanthurus bariene
Bariene's have a Black Spot directly behind their eyes. Folwer's have a blue, half hoop behind their eyeline. Hopefully you have room for him, Bariene's are one of the larger tangs. It's recommended not to have him in with another Acanthurus
tang, unless your tank is massive (>500gals). Watch for aggressive to all tankmates once he starts to put on some size. They're pretty darn hardy too.

egill

Thank you so much for the info. I paid $170 for him. Have him in my 240g 8ft tank right now. I'll keep an eye on the agression but all is good right now.