tangs

stacyt

Since you already have the fish, and taking it back will definatly lead to its demise, why not try to treat it? Since the intent in the beginning was to rescue the fish. I would setup a q-tank, and then treat the fish. Then maybe find it a good home.

liz s.

Sorry...that makes more sense...I am just so frustrated right now. There is a wonderful pet store here locally. I will take him/her/it to them just as soon as I know it's well...Someone metioned a freshwater bath. What is it? How do I do it?

bang guy

Hi Liz,
I recommend using the "Search" button above and looking through the disease forum. There's a LOT of excellent information in there. Especially on the word "Hypo*".
Just my opinion, but I feel that "Saving" a fish from ***** encourages them to acquire more fish for sale & detract from the profits of the good fish stores. It's may sound bad, but letting a fish die at a store discourages them from selling that type of fish.

liz s.

You have a valid point. However, as a national chain...do I really think that my letting that fish die is going to stop them? Fish die there daily. It breaks my heart to think of them...

bigsteve

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Hi Liz,
I recommend using the "Search" button above and looking through the disease forum. There's a LOT of excellent information in there. Especially on the word "Hypo*".
Just my opinion, but I feel that "Saving" a fish from ***** encourages them to acquire more fish for sale & detract from the profits of the good fish stores. It's may sound bad, but letting a fish die at a store discourages them from selling that type of fish.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'd much rather spend $5-$10 more on products and fish at a store that KNOWS
what they're talking about, and has nice, clean, well stocked (difference in well stocked and full) tanks, than go to a big retail store, and save a couple bucks buying from kids who are just there to make enough money for gas and lunch.
If I know exactly what I want... say a powerhead... I'll go to a retail store. Of course, their $20 isn't any different than the $30 one on the independently owned LFS's shelf. But, if I've got a question about something... say, how many times should my tank turnover in an hour... I'm going to the guy here at the LFS who set up and maintains the $8,000 (maybe more) reef tank at the front of the store.
It still holds true... you get what you pay for.

doodle1800

I'm sorry - I do my research and buy the one I can get for the best price for, ***** or not *****, online, whatever. I feel no loyalty towards any lfs or any business. If I want advice and want to ask a lfs owner and buy his product if its reasonable, if not, I'll go elsewhere. Boycotting ***** won't deter them, in my opinion. Some people buy their products because their pocketbooks tell them to. Some lfs's charge rediculous prices. With livestock, thats a different story, I might be loyal to a lfs or swf.com because I trust their fish, inverts, corals, etc. The lfs and swf.com type businesses know how to care for them, for the most part. Some lfs owners are liars as well and are only out for the dollar. So... in my opinion, livestock - lfs or swf.com. Hardware such as pumps and filters - best price available. And if I have a gift certificate from ***** - I'll go to there and buy food or whatever...

donmgicwon

***** does not always have good prices, for instance Fluval 404: ***** $200.00 an online retailer $95.00 Skimmer 140.00 online 95.00. There are many more items at ***** that have similar spreads. I too shop around for the best price but sometimes I will pay more to get better service. Clown: ***** 15.00 (NG on all saltwater fish) LFS 19.00 1 Wk 50% trade in. SWF has good service and great prices Win/Win.

B

birdman143

My 2 cents!
I go to ***** on tuesdays, When they get their deliverys, And if they have anything I'm interested in, I buy them while there still acclimating in the bag.
Had good luck, And the price is right!