tank and sump

iidylii

so here are a couple vids of the tank and sump...first vid got cut off sorry...my dog says hi in the first one though :p

I know there is a bit of an electrical mess in the sump but I am actually in the middle of cleaning all those wires up

jay0705

Very nice. How do you like the anthias? What kind r they? Love the st Bernard btw lol

iidylii

the anthias are a trio of lyretails...they are great so far have had them 6-7 months now...if you look real closely you can see the big one starting to change in color and whatnot...his "sidefins" don't know what those are called, are changing into purple as u can see they are getting darker and his top fin is definetly getting longer now...hes probably 3 inches now

grimace is 9 months old and 125 lbs lol hes fun :eek:o_O;)

lmforbis

Damn 125 pounds and not full grown yet. My puppy who is the same age is maybe 15 pounds of naughty.

iidylii

Damn 125 pounds and not full grown yet. My puppy who is the same age is maybe 15 pounds of naughty.
lol yeah he probably has 40-60 lbs to go...he was 90 lbs at 6 months which indicates hes probably gonna get to 160-180+ lol for his hips sake I hope its not 180

nice set up
thanks Luanne

been one year now since I tore the tank down due to adding a powder brown and getting ich and killing off everything...and I am now at full capacity for fish I believe as long as my two tigers hang on this time lol

again just not enough knowledge or care in me to tell myself do not put a tang in your cube tank lol glad I put a little more thought into it this time...and I do say "a little" probably pushing some limits on the fish count I have ;)

Last edited:

Luanne

lol yeah he probably has 40-60 lbs to go...he was 90 lbs at 6 months which indicates hes probably gonna get to 160-180+ lol for his hips sake I hope its not 180

thanks Luanne

been one year now since I tore the tank down due to adding a powder brown and getting ich and killing off everything...and I am now at full capacity for fish I believe as long as my two tigers hang on this time lol

again just not enough knowledge or care in me to tell myself do not put a tang in your cube tank lol glad I put a little more thought into it this time...and I do say "a little" probably pushing some limits on the fish count I have ;)
it is so tempting to see a fish and go oh I want it. I have to not buy anymore fish. these guys are going to get big. I can add some more cabbage and waving hands but that is about it.

iidylii

I know its very hard not to keep buying more fish lol...I kind of like the point im at though....now u just sit back and watch them grow :D...the other nice part is its a lot less likely to introduce disease and whatnot if your not adding anything new...and of course the other alternative is to just get another tank and there u have it your free to go about and buy fish again...im thinking really hard about getting a 180 gallon tank but then that thought enters your mind of here we go again with all this worry about things going south in the new tank...I kind of like the feeling of being done for now lol

jay0705

It was a good year since i bought a new fish for my 75. Totally agree on the peice of mind point. Now that I've upgraded i really enjoy the fish shopping again but not its qt qt qt lol

iidylii

yeah the QTing is a pain in the butt...but obviously it is necessary if you want to improve your chances of keeping disease out

jay0705

Idk what it is but yest and today i saw fish with ich at two diff places. Its just crazy

2quills

Tank and sump looks good. I almost came home with a cube just like it one of my customers was giving away.

Keep us posted on the cheato reactor.

iidylii

Tank and sump looks good. I almost came home with a cube just like it one of my customers was giving away.

Keep us posted on the cheato reactor.
Thanks And u didn't take the cube? Oh and I've had the chaeto reactor going about 2 weeks now maybe...

2quills

Thanks And u didn't take the cube? Oh and I've had the chaeto reactor going about 2 weeks now maybe...
Needed some work. Had scratches and developed a leak which is why he was giving it away. Coulda took it apart and rebuilt it but decided it wasn't worth the effort. Already have a stack of tanks in my garage taking up too much space. Was a 97g rimless though.

Kinda been plannin a acrylic build i may start in the fall. Leaning heavily towards a large cube. Have a perfect space for it.

one-fish

Very Nice Indeed !!! iidylii I see a lot of good planning and hard work there. I would be happy to sit back and watch em grow also....Nice.

iidylii

Very Nice Indeed !!! iidylii I see a lot of good planning and hard work there. I would be happy to sit back and watch em grow also....Nice.
Thanks

So jay...I seen in another thread you saying someone didn't need a skimmer if they didn't have a reef tank...I'm curious in my case I only have my skimmer...I have no filter what so ever and it's been maybe 2 years now and my algae seems under control...I guess my system seems to be doing just fine? My skimmer is I guess doing the job of a would be filter? Just curious more then anything I guess lol