Tank Calculations

Looks like I was mistaken on the size of the bow front I was thinking of getting for my salt tank. Anyone know what size it REALLY is.
It's like they added a bow front onto the front of a 55g tank. It's 4 foot long, 12 inches deep on the sides.. then 18 inches deep in the middle.
Im guessing maybe a 65g bow front but not sure

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf http:///t/388374/tank-calculations#post_3424870
Looks like I was mistaken on the size of the bow front I was thinking of getting for my salt tank. Anyone know what size it REALLY is.
It's like they added a bow front onto the front of a 55g tank. It's 4 foot long, 12 inches deep on the sides.. then 18 inches deep in the middle.
Im guessing maybe a 65g bow front but not sure

Go online and do a search for tank sizes, then compare the measurements with your tank. I can't do the math to find the size.

snakeblitz33

Shawn, is it that easy to measure on a bowfront? I mean, you can do that for square/rectangle tanks, but I would think the formula would look a little bit different for a bowfront...
That formula Shawn said was correct, LxWxH / 231 = volume in gallons, but only for tanks with 90degree angles.
I'm with Flower on this one, you should find out what your dimensions are and then try to find a tank on the internet that has the same measurements, then go from there.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/388374/tank-calculations#post_3424980
That's the number of square inches in 1 u.s gallon. LxWxH will get you you're number of total square inches so we divide by 231 to get the gallons.
Thanks, I'm a math cripple but that formula looks easy enough. The stuff I learn on this site....

acrylic51

I tried that trick to, but could never find or remember where I put the piece of paper.....That's how I started keeping my stuff in binders......

2quills

According to aqueon those are the standard dimension for their 72g bow tanks. And according to the tank calculator that I just used which allows you to calculate the volume of different shaped tanks including bow fronts then apparently it does.

florida joe

Bow front Aquairums
50 Gallon
Aquarium: 36W x 18D x 20H Inches
60 Gallon
Aquarium: 36W x 18D x 24H Inche
75 Gallon
Aquarium: 36W x 18D x 30H Inches
80 Gallon

Aquarium: 48W x 18D x 24H Inches
90 Gallon

Aquarium: 48W x 18D x 30H Inches
100 Gallon

Aquarium: 60W x 18D x 24H Inches
125 Gallon

Aquarium: 60W x 18D x 30H Inches

snakeblitz33

By what FloridaJoe posted, you either have an 80g tank or a 90g tank depending on the height. You did say it was 48"x18" at the bow, but you never stated how tall it was.