Tank looking bad!!!

gmidd

Originally Posted by foundanemo
so any advice on how 2 get rid of hair algae
I read that Pincushion Sea Urchins love hair algae.

sfoister

Definately looks better than the first pic. Yikes. Good job there. Now it just looks like a snail graveyard.
***)

foundanemo

Originally Posted by cyclops
It is like night and day between first and second pic> how long do you run your lights?
i was running them for like 11 hours which was a huge mistake.

cveverly

I think I would manually harvest the hair algae and try a lawnmower blenny if you have not already done so. I am a firm believer in macro algae in a sump. It seams to consume the nitrates and phosphates faster than the hair algae. However, not everyone has the room to run a sump. Just make sure you keep up on the water changes, maintenance on the RO filter and change your halides every 9-10 months.
BTW, great job on the recovery so far!

foundanemo

Alright here is an update for every one perc clown, lownmower blenny, toadstool and (green ricordea that are splitting). Take a look at the pics before and after. I wanna thank everyone for all their help.

azfishgal

WOW!!! Great job. So what exactly did you do to change it? Will help those who might be having the same problem.

reefkprz

I'm thoroughly impressed..... I don't know what else to say.
maybe keep up the good work (or improving)

peter1215

Originally Posted by foundanemo
nope I feel I got cheated.
But it worked out in the end I got a happy tank. :happyfish
so how did you get rid of all that brown algae? Ive been getting a lot of green hair algae on my rocks and cant get rid of it

foundanemo

I have a few things I changed, RODI water 100% difference in algae control, daily maintenance, slowly build up my lighting amount.