Tank Pics

jr2857

it's a beautiful tank and how is that specifically for a black tip reef shark it seems a little small

gofish85

novice
i remember the pic of you diving that tank. i had a different name then. i also remember when the tank was just being built and the basement just concrete. cool youve came a long way. how long have you had the black tip now. is it skiddish still or was it ever? i work with 4 black tips and one white tip and the black tips are very skiddish to noises vibrations or pretty much anything. www.gosifhaquariums.com go to the gallery.

aw2

Originally Posted by jr2857
also 5 sharks in a 2000 seems a little small. are u upgrading soon?

Again...go back and read whole threads before making comments. This is a professional tank maintenence company who clearly knows what they're doing.
He's already stated that when the sharks become too big, they take them out and rotate in smaller specimens.

gofish85

thank you AW2.. jr... we will not upgrade but we will remove the sharks at about 30 inches and purchase two juveniles about 15 to 18 inches. i do agree that this tank is small for five sharks but i do not run the company i just work for them..

aw2

Originally Posted by jr2857
i was talking about go fish's aquarium on his website

Yeah...the tank on the website is a clients tank, in an eating establishment.

mitzel

So was AW2 . As he said gofishaquariums is a profesional maintenence company that handles the big tanks your dreaming of, with the knowlage to make a living doing it . AW2 has a really good grasp on what he is talking about too so you might want to try showing a bit of respect to people . :mad:

dennycrane

Its good to be inquisitive Jr. I remember being 12 and sooo into fish and aquariums. In fact I convinced myself that one day I would be a marine biologist...now I'm a lawyer. Anyway, I've noticed you in several threads correcting people on their posts. If you were like me, you probably read a lot of literature on fishkeeping and aquaria and built a fairly knowledgable base on the subject. I can tell that you are very intellegent and know a lot and want to learn more.

Having read those books and now spent a small amount of time on this site, I can tell you that you will learn far more here if you are careful to intake the right information. This hobby is experimental but based on hard science, so although you have read something in a book or elsewhere, somebody here may have an alternate (or better) way. My advise is to pay attention to what you are reading before you try and correct someone. ALWAYS ask questions! This is a far better way to get information out of someone than calling them on one of their posts. Your inquisitive nature will take you far in this hobby, so keep up the learning
and have fun doing it!

dennycrane

Dang it! I forgot the whole reason I was going to post:
GoFish, I see you guys build those tanks out of acrylic. What thickness do you use (for say a 2000) and how do you bond the peices together? I noticed plywood at the bottom - how do you bond that to acrylic and do these tanks need external support or bracing?
Basically I'm interested in learning to build tanks for personal use and was hoping you may have some plans / literature / advise you might want to pass on

psusocr1

dennycrane,
I BUILD ALOT OF LARGE TANKS AND CAN HELP YOU OUT WITH GLASS OR ACRYLIC. iF YOUR SERIOUS ABOut BUILDING SOMETHIng SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AND I CAN HELP YOU OUT ALOT..
oh ya and to join acrylic im sure he is using weld-on(3) which comes in variety, but basically "melts" or "welds" the acrylic together