tank water down to 66-- HELP

pnkflydlvr

i woke up this morning and found my tank's heater unplugged. the thermometer read 66. i currently have some zoos, green mushrooms, a false percula clown, and a hippo tang. i plugged the heater in immediately after this. as of now the polyps look really stringy and the hippo tang is hiding in a cave. the mushrooms are also much smaller than normal. anything else i can do? will my stuff survive?

zanoshanox

I'd do a small water change with some 90 degree water!! not all at once but soon to get that temp back up to 73-75 and then let the heater bring it back up.
your blue tang will probably come down with ich. the zoos and shrooms will probably be okay.

sly

I don't know if it will be ok or not... Do you know why the heater was unplugged?

pnkflydlvr

to be honest, no. we do have a small 3 year old in the house but i'm not sure. i just went back and checked and the tang is out now.

stanlalee

just bring the temperature into the 70's throughout the course of the day (not too fast). 66 isn't exactly freezing cold (not exactly tropical either). the last thing you want to do is blaze it up too quickly. think of it as temp acclimating shipped livestock not packed well during the winter.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
http:///forum/post/2811361
just bring the temperature into the 70's throughout the course of the day (not too fast). 66 isn't exactly freezing cold (not exactly tropical either). the last thing you want to do is blaze it up too quickly. think of it as temp acclimating shipped livestock not packed well during the winter.

+1
Slow & steady will provide the best success.

miss_rosie

Yea just plug the heater in. It should bring things back up eventually. And put melafix in the tank just for precautions.