Teenage Reefers!

1snapple

I did, assembled and everything. They are my profile pic.
I have even more coral in the pico now.....

I'm not gettin the corals today :( gotta wait until next week because I have a cyano outbreak. Any suggestions for removing that?

Lol, your not the only one who was on here at age 10 Blackjack :p I used to have some really dumb username though, forgot the password and started my new account lol, Snapple, you should *cough* post some pictures?

Nate, bummer, waiting always sucks! lol just try to siphon out as much as you can and do water changes, should help significantly!

sorry that i havent posted here yet. here is the link to my other thread that has the picturess i am going to update that thread with new pictures now.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/forum/thread/383773/my-25-gallon-reef-tank-build/40#post_3359310

J

juliansreef2

im a 14 year old reefer. i started about this time last year with a fresh water tank. i kept that for like a month but realized it wasnt for me so i turned it into a salt tank its been running great since. right now i dont have any corals i only have a clown and a blue leg hermit crab. im planning on getting some pink chalice and some green ricordias in a couple weeks. i might get zoas but im not sure. if you have any suggestions on hardy corals im open to ideas thanks.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansreef2 http:///forum/thread/383599/teenage-reefers/40#post_3360226
im a 14 year old reefer. i started about this time last year with a fresh water tank. i kept that for like a month but realized it wasnt for me so i turned it into a salt tank its been running great since. right now i dont have any corals i only have a clown and a blue leg hermit crab. im planning on getting some pink chalice and some green ricordias in a couple weeks. i might get zoas but im not sure. if you have any suggestions on hardy corals im open to ideas thanks.
Here is a small list...there are lots more..most soft coral is easy.

• Regular mushrooms

• Xenia

• Kenya tree
    Christmas tree coral
    any kind of Zoa
    Green star polyps

J

juliansreef2

i was thinking about kenyas but i wasnt sure if i liked them. but im getting zoas i know that.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansreef2 http:///forum/thread/383599/teenage-reefers/40#post_3360235
i was thinking about kenyas but i wasnt sure if i liked them. but im getting zoas i know that.
I don't care for all the fleshy color either, but it is a very hardy coral...I ordered a green Kenya this last time...the pictures look very pretty. Green or pearl Bubble coral is pretty and easy, but you need nitrates under 10 to keep it happy.

Welcome to the Forum Julian! :D
Nate! I love your corals! Especially jelous of your GSP! I want some! Its actually kind of expensive here :S

1snapple

Welcome to the forum Julian.
I recommend zoas, I do NOT recommend other softies other then ricordias.
kenya trees can populate to quickly for me.

J

juliansreef2

thanks 1snapple ive had zoas before but i didnt have the right lighting, actually today i got my new light its 1 mh 2 t5's and 4 leds (2 green 2 blue) its really amazing. so im able to support most corals now.