the baseball Hall of Fame is a JOKE

pontius

next year will be Ripken and Gwynn, they are 100% locks. 2 great players and complete class acts.
McGwire will also be eligible next year. will be interesting to see if he gets in or not. he used to be one of my favorite players in the late 80s, but there's no way I'd vote for him now.

lovethesea

McGwire will be in a few years. If they placed all of the players on the stand, they would have all come up with different answers.
He will be there, just not next year.

socal57che

After the strike I've considered MLB a joke.....haven't watched a game since.......less parts of the 2002 world series, but only because Disney owned the Angels and it was on every screen in Disneyland. I would rather spend one day at D-land than a week at the world series. I'd rather watch college rugby.....if I had t.v. that is.
:notsure:

pontius

ofthesea, it's interesting since you mentioned Ripken, that his overall numbers were worse than Andre Dawson's. the only category he really beats Dawson out on was 400 more hits, but he also had 1600 more at bats than Dawson.

moray345

The reason Ozzie got in is cause he had more hype then Santiago,Murphy and others.... Now if they had been doing backflips on the field and drawn more attention to themselves I believe they would be there...